Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Time to heal...

My mom is back home and all is quiet again... it's like waves that roll in and out from nowhere.
One day at a time. Is our motto around here.
This adorable bundle of energy came to visit my mom while she was at the Hospice House. Her name is Daisy... Oh how she made my mom smile and bring joy to her heart! She jumped right up on my mom's lap and gave her tons of kisses. So cute!

While spending many hours at the Hospice House last week (which is just lovely by the way,) I worked on this sweet embroidery piece for Autumn. I call it "I Mew"

It helped to pass the time as my mom and I listen to an Ella Fitzgerald CD over and over...
Enjoy~

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so glad things have calmed for you. Hopefully your mom doesn't remember those less lucid moments. She is very lucky to have you.
Take care of yourself!

Tara said...

I understand about the waves, and I think it's smart to take this part of the journey one day at a time, catching those small moments of happiness when your mom is present and able to take them in. The love of a pup, seeing her daughter stitch, listening to a familiar tune... I'm sure those things warm her heart and calm her spirit.

Lisa said...

it's wonderful the happiness an animal can bring to a person. the waves seem to be coming our way as well, but in different ways. one day at a time is the motto around here too. your embroidery is so cute!!! Autumn will love it! Oh how I love Ella... she and Billie Holiday are my favorites.
thinking of you
lisa

Tammy said...

Anet, this post just makes me smile. How nice to have your mom home, to have been able to work on a calming piece of handwork, and to be in this particular "wave." One day at a time...a motto of ours in our home as well.

Tammy said...

Anet, this post just makes me smile. How nice to have your mom home, to have been able to work on a calming piece of handwork, and to be in this particular "wave." One day at a time...a motto of ours in our home as well.

sandy said...

I caught up here and saw where your mom had to go to hospice. I'm sure glad she is home again for you. Sending you blessings and hoping all goes well (I remember my days with my mom and how difficult it can be)...

Love the piece you are making for Autumn.

Blog Archive