Friday, January 14, 2011

"Get em while they last!"

~NOAH'S WONDERFULLY WONDERFUL POTION~
Cures; colds, small pox, fevers, hemorrhoids and constipation!

Only $2.99 a bottle!

an activity in the Mark Twain for Kids book.
~~~
"Don't let schooling interfere with your education."
Mark Twain

Trying my hardest to keep a happy homeschool going with all the rest of the craziness around here. My mom is doing better than to be expected right now. I just know Autumn and Kevin's wedding has put some hope in her and has giving her something special to look forward to.

With taking care of my mom, working really hard on such short notice for the wedding, I've been feeling a little guilty about the quality of Noah's education lately. Thank goodness his co-op classes started this week and my homeschool mom friends are just the best!!! They will pick Noah up and take him along with them to homeschool classes and activities that I can't make it to. Bless their hearts! ~

9 comments:

Tammy said...

LOL, Noah's potion will cure just about anything. What a FUN activity!!! :)

Tara said...

Hhmmm... do you think he could whip up something for cellulite and wrinkles? ;-)

Glad to hear your mom is holding steady.

Sharon said...

If it works on pms I've got a standing order for everything he has!

Glad to hear that your Mom continues to amaze.

tiff said...

that is one my favorite mark twain quotes...

don't feel guilty...really...isn't that the benefit of homeschooling~it can happen anytime and anywhere...that is the part i miss...life still rumbles along w/ the kids by my side doing what they need to do~when they need to do it!

Anet said...

Tammy,
We needed some fun around here:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tara,
thanks.
Yeah... I'll have him work on that and let you know if it works on me:)
I heard your town mentioned on Parinormal Kids T.V. show today:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Sharon,
Well... I imangine something for PMS would involve chocolate:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Tiff, you're SO right!
Late the other night we watched a really great documentary that led to some internet research, that's homeschooling:)

Tara said...

Was that the episode with the little boy? Our local newspaper ran an article about him and mentioned the TV appearance. Quite a few people took it upon themselves to send letters to him through the editor of the paper telling him how he was possessed by the devil, etc. I couldn't believe the newspaper actually published them... that poor little guy. Here he is just trying to come to terms with his gift and then he gets all that nonsense on top of it...

Anet said...

Tara,
Yes, that's the boy. How horrible that people have to say things like that. They are just stupid.
That boy was scared and just as sweet as can be. He didn't like the fact that this happened to him. He didn't ask for it.


Caleb had an article published in the paper when he was in grade school and some weirdo sent a letter to his school with a bunch of religious strange stuff in it. The police were involved!

Then you may remember when the photo of Noah was in the paper for Hogwarts camp. A few people left comments on the newspapers website (which I think is a rotten idea)
that parents should send their kids to bible school and not a devil worship camp.
Then there was other people who left comments defending the kids who went to the Hogwarts camp.
I was so mad that people have nothing better to do with their time. A little upsetting when your kid is in the main photo. They didn't get my permission to do this. I mean you never know how scary people can be.
I told Noah last summer to avoid the cameras:)

Ruth said...

Anet, things sound busy and hectic for you. It's been too long since I've been here because I didn't know Autumn is getting married! Congratulations! I agree with the Twain quote completely. Let's see, what can Noah do to help with the wedding? It could be a school project!

Thanks for your longstanding friendship. I think of you often, even though I haven't been stopping by. xoxo

Tara said...

Anet, I'm so sorry Noah and Caleb had those experiences. Sometimes I really, really don't understand people... the types who harassed that little boy and left the comments for yours. I'm glad they didn't keep you from sending Noah to camp again though. And I remember that newspaper picture; Noah looked so darn cute. How could the photographer not pick him as the feature photo?

Blog Archive