Enjoy the harvest moon tonight!
2010 Autumnal Equinox
The fall equinox is at 10:09pm EST this evening. What's special about this year's equinox is that the harvest moon will be full about 5 1/2 hours after the equinox. You can see the almost full harvest moon tonight if your sky is clear before you go to sleep. The next time the harvest moon will be full on the equinox is in the year 2029. So enjoy tonight's delight!
Check here at AOL news about the Autumnal Exquinox 2010... it's a little unique and a tad confusing this year. Also here at the examiner.com you'll find an explanation on why different parts of the world have different times for the equinox.
Tomorrow we've planned a field trip for our homeschool group. We'll be touring a historical village, where the kids will be making butter and then off to the park for lunch and to burn up some of the last of summer's energy. It will be 85 degrees tomorrow...yikes!
I'm ready for soft warm sweaters, sweet candy corn, big fat pumpkins, a hot mug of cider, a cozy fires and twirling~swirling leaves...are you?
Ojibwe for the Harvest moon: Waatebagaa-giizis/Leaves Changing Moon





4 comments:
Happy Fall to you! We had a lovely Mabon ritual last night, and are looking forward to our Full (Harvest!) Moon ritual on Friday. Fall is here!
So glad I read this so I can really study the moon tonight! I am ready for fall too, it is my favorite season! But not winter - can't we just skip winter?! 85 degrees - only in Michigan!
I'm totally geeked about the full moon and the equinox coinciding! We're celebrating tonight with the family, and then we have Druid ritual on sunday.
Happy equinox to you! The moon has been amazing the past few nights. I'm not quite ready for sweater weather and shorter days yet. Running late this year...
Post a Comment