Friday, August 13, 2010

Something Smells!

Noah and I joined other homeschooler's at a creek in the country for park day. The kids had a blast splashing in the creek, swinging from a tree rope into the creek and chasing crayfish. (no photos, I've promised Noah to not photograph every single thing he does, crazy blogging mom that I am.) While I enjoyed visiting with my homeschooling mom friends.

On the way there we traveled down this long country road with many farms on both sides. All of the sudden the entire car filled with intense cow poo smell! Me, being a full fledged city girl wasn't thrilled about it... and gagged as I tried to speed away from it as fast as I could. It wasn't until we returned home and we got out of the car that we noticed the car smelled like cow poo. What the heck? I said to Noah it will go away and we went inside. Later that evening we were leaving again and half way to the car... wham... cow poo... it smelled like we were on a farm. I can't imagine what all the people thought who walk past our driveway.

We checked around the car and the entire wheel wells were caked with cow poo. Nice! That wasn't dirt on the farm road, it was crap! Some careless farmer dumped a load in the road and we had ran over it. So we went to the car wash and my husband washed the car and the wheel wells. That's that! I thought... nope, we get home and open the doors and still a slight smell of poo lingers. This city girl not loving cows or careless farmers right now, but I'll get over it when the smell goes away, I'm sure.

~Hoping your day was less smelly and that my cowmobile with smell like a city car once again today. Wasn't this the most fascinating blog post? I'm seriously losing it... maybe it's time to stop blogging.

3 comments:

tiff said...

I LOVE it!!!! "cowmobile" Maybe you can throw some potpourri in the car to mask the smell...giggle! It is the hazards of farm town...smiles! What a great adventure! And the cow photos is too cute!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh! Grab a sage bundle and start smudging.... This is the funniest post. It reminds me of when Jeff and I were first married. We went to a friend's house one fall evening. Jeff stepped in dog poo but didn't see it. We get in the car, he turns on the heat and instant poo smell fills the car. We are driving in the country, not far from the sewage treatment plant. He speculates that the smell must be coming from there. It's getting stronger and stronger in the car. Then he says he thinks there must have been an accident, as the country roads are very twisty. A poo truck must have overturned on the way to the plant. Yes, that's it! On and on it went. We still laugh to this day when we think about that night.
I hope you and Noah will be able to do the same once your car is back to smelling like normal. :-)

Elizabeth said...

I agree! This was a hilarious post! I am sure it wasn't funny for you but it was funny for me to read! There is something about cow poop that is just toxic and won't go away. Good luck with that!

Blog Archive