Monday, August 23, 2010

Rocks and not a rock

Autumn gave us these really neat rocks and crystals for Noah's collection. Some are bigger than my hand. She found them at the house she's fixing up.


~Rock and Mineral Excavating Kit~

Noah spent a good hour or so digging out some rocks from a hunk of plaster... hey, cheap entertainment! He finally uncovered an obsidian and a lava rock (the ugliest possible rock you could get.) oh well, the obsidian is pretty with a touch of blue in it. This is a good activity for outside, the dust was intense!

I think it would be fun to make some homemade excavating kits for the homeschoolers to dig into at one of our park days. Also kicking around the idea of making some Andy Goldsworthy-ish art pieces at one of our park days this fall. I just rewatched Rivers and Tides, the man is amazing!

Andy Goldsworthy, an environmental artist

This is Chauncey... not a rock:)

Caleb and his girlfriend Barbie bought this dwarf hamster home today... with all the works for a nice home. I told Caleb if it escapes out of his room, it's a cat treat for sure. As Bella was licking his lips at Chauncey.

3 comments:

Tara said...

The rocks Autumn found are so pretty. I love the stripes. :-) Funny coincidence... I was just thinking about Andy Goldsworthy and fall leaves yesterday. His work is so amazing!
Chauncey is cute!

Tammy said...

The rocks are so pretty...so nice of Autumn to think of Noah.

Chauncey looks cute, and tasty too, lol. Our kitties would love it if we'd get a fuzzy little pet.

sandy said...

Ohh didn't realize you were updating. I like the hamster..they are adorable! And...the compass post is cool.

Blog Archive