Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Noah's New Union Soldier Uniform

Ready for duty, sir!


Noah was asked to be in the play Stone Soup this weekend at the Renagade Festival in Old Town and play a soldier. We've misplaced the jacket from his old uniform so I went to the thrift store and found the perfect jacket. I sewed on some misc. brass buttons, altered the collars and used all of the rest of his Union uniform items that he had already owned. He'll also wear it to the Muster in Jackson next weekend and he's decided to be a soldier for Halloween again. Ha! I killed three birds with one stone and all for $4.20, I love it!

The 26th annual Civil War Muster Jackson, Michigan August 28th & 29th

www.civilwarmuster.org/

5 comments:

Tara said...

love, Love, LOVE the first picture. You've worked wonders with your thrift store find, Anet. Good luck to Noah for his performance and at the muster. :-)

Unknown said...

Anet,
Great job! I will have to show Lauren. I found a simple shirt at Goodwill to make her a uniform, but it does not look as authentic as yours :) Way to go!
Carla

Elizabeth said...

This is so cool! I love the uniform, you are a genius! he will be great!

Tammy said...

Loving that first photo of Noah...the one that's in your header photo. It looks like he stepped right out of a page of history.

Anet, I wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your post on your beliefs. It's 5:45am right now, dark, everyone's in bed, and I was able to read it in some actual peace and quiet. What a beautiful gift of a way to start the day.

Anet said...

Thank you Tammy, that means so much to me!

Blog Archive