Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Boo is home...

Boo is home now.
He's urine output was fine. She checked his blood sugar level this morning and that was normal. Yay! But we still don't know what's going on with him... which is frustrating. He may still have to get the more intensive blood test if he keeps loosing weight. But for now
I have to feed him in a quiet area away from the other cats. Which I've already been doing for the past week or so. Then he goes back to the vets in two weeks to see if he's maintaining his weight or what.
I'm miss our big Boo of 24lbs. It's hard to see him so skinny. If you can believe 16lbs. for a cat is skinny. I know that sounds crazy when most normal cats weigh around 12lbs.
I'm just happy he's home and for now it's lots of good food, quiet places and loads whiskers rubs and love.

5 comments:

tiff said...

♥ glad Boo is home with you and his health seems to be okay...here's to Boo gaining some weight ♥

Tammy said...

I'm glad he is home with you. Of our 3 cats, one (Sylvia) is in the over 20 pound club, too, with the other two weighing 16 and 12 pounds each. I can imagine it would be scary to see Boo drop so much weight so quickly, and I hope you all can find the cause. Hopefully he just decided to drop a few pounds for swim suit season. ;)

Tara said...

I bet Boo is happy to be home too, and I'm sending many good thoughts across the miles that he is able to re-gain some of his weight and (most importantly) feel like himself again. Take heart, we recently switched our elder kitty to a special Rx canned formula and it made a huge difference in her health. That, and daily blood pressure meds. Sometimes all it takes is a few simple changes.

Anonymous said...

Did they check his thyroid level?

If the T4 is out of whack, that can also cause suddenly weight loss. That is what happened to my little old lady, Stormy.

But she had treatment and is doing fine now. :)

Snuggles for your Boo!

Anet said...

Thanks Tiff:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tammy that is too funny! "swim suit season"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow Tara,
I didn't know you had a kitty with special needs. Bless her heart!
I was just put on blood pressure meds. myself and I feel so much better! You know all the dizziness I was feeling... completely gone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Wendy,
You know, that's a good question! You'd think she would of checked out every possibility, right?
I'll be sure to ask when we go back for a follow up visit.
I've noticed him struggling to chew, yet the vet said his teeth are fine.

Blog Archive