Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spring time favorites...

Lilac in a mason jar,


Spring cleaning,

taking care of me.
Today was homeschool park day, but we opted to stay home and get things done. (besides I woke up with a sore throat.)
We cleaned our homeschool area, filled the bird feeders, hulled strawberries, made mint ice tea, picked lilacs, did a little math, history and astronomy. Browsed a Michigan Garden book. Did a little meditating and resting... such a nice day at home. I'm just so grateful life is feeling like "normal" again! Perhaps soon, I'll do something creative.
Now to make dinner; grilled burgers, sliced tomatoes, cranberry/pecan salad with raspberry dressing, strawberry sundaes for dessert.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness...for not feeling too well you got so much done! It's nice to just hang around home, though, isn't it? Feel better soon, Anet!!!

Ruth said...

I was so happy that Don brought in a huge armful of lilacs yesterday morning so I could take them to work in a vase. It was good I did, because when I got to campus, it was clear that the farms had been sprayed with manure. We needed the lilac scent! :)

Nice to get things cleaned up and organized, eh?

Anet said...

Thanks Tammy :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's so funny Ruth, when I went out on the porch yesterday I said "it smells like cows out here." The wind must of been blowing this way. We get that every once in awhile from campus.

I like it much better when the roasted coffee smell of Paramount Coffee Co. blows toward us:)

Tara said...

Love, love, love the taking care of you part. All those activities are great but they can really wear a person down fast. Mint tea, fresh fruit, meditation and candlelight... it's like you had your own mini-spa happening! We're just starting a big unit on The Night Sky too.

tiff said...

♥ beautiful photos ♥

what a lovely day at home...glad you are starting to feel "normal"...that must feel good as the temps get warmer & the flowers begin to bloom!

Blog Archive