Today after a little math and a documentary about the plaque we headed up the street to the nature preserve. Brad and Noah are starting to run together. So as they run around the trails, I leisurely stroll snapping photos along the way. Noah runs around twice which is close to two miles. He's a pretty good runner, like his dad. Brad was a great cross country runner in high school. The plan is to run a few times a week together. Good for them... I'll stick to walking:)
A Great Blue Heron. He took flight when he heard Noah approaching on the trail.
They are very, very skittish!
Then we stopped off at the recycling center to get rid of some of our odd stuff that they won't pick up from our curb side bin. Here's Noah tossing ice cream pails into the small window.
After the recycling center we stopped at the bank and picked up some holds from the library. Then we stopped in our friend Linda's stain glass shop to pick up a Birthday gift for Autumn. (Tomorrow she's 23!) I should of brought my camera in to show you some of Linda's beautiful art glass. Another day maybe.




3 comments:
Love that beautiful shot of the heron. I'm more of a strolling kind of gal myself. Running is so sweaty...
Happy birthday to Autumn!
We just started recycling paper, plastic, aluminum, and tin cans about ...hmm...maybe 6 months ago? We don't have a service that picks our stuff up in town, but we have a drop off place nearby for anyone that wants to recycle. Emily just commented the other day on how much we take to recycle that we used to just throw away. Amazing isn't it?
Christiane, thanks, yeah... I'm so not into sweating!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Tammy, I passed along the Birthday wishes for you.
It really is amazing how much you can recylce and save from throwing away in the dumps. It makes you feel good!
Post a Comment