A book for me and one for Noah...
Brad has been laid off for a week now, not sure how the next few months will go financially. We'll get through it, we always do. He's expected to return to work in 50 working days.
Brad's dad is very sick. He has stage 3 lung cancer and only has days to a few weeks left. This is really a tough time for us. Brad has spent a lot of time in his home town visiting his dad and step mom this week. We all gathered for a dinner on Valentines day. So sad to see his dad so sick.
I feel so bad for Brad, not only is he worried about his dad, but he has the lay-off to worry about also. It's really too much for anyone. But I was thinking that really the lay off is a blessing right now in the fact that Brad can spend as much time as he needs to with his family.
Brad and his brother Tyler is spending the night with his dad tonight. ( he has six brothers and two sisters.)
I think we'll try to sneak away Wednesday afternoon for a matinee movie date. That would be nice and the matinee is only $5 a ticket. Have to watch our pennies!




9 comments:
Anet, I don't even know what to say. You have so much going on right now...such difficult & emotional things. My thoughts are with you. ♥
hugs and prayers going to Brad and your family! I hope he isn't without work for too long.
Molly
What a difficult time for your family. Trying to find the good in things sounds like a smart way to keep things in perspective, and to keep them from being overwhelming (yes, Brad can be there with his family right now, when he is needed the most).
All of you are in my thoughts.
I'm sorry Anet. I think you're right about Brad being able to spend every moment he can with his father. Being laid off is the worst, but being with his father right now will be a gift he will treasure.
I wish we had snow days! So does Binky. He's been watching the oympic snowboarders and can't wait to get back to the snow!! So instead he goes to the skatepark.
hugs to you and your family
Lisa
♥ hugs ♥
please know that you are in my thoughts during this challenging time of life!
i am so glad you had a snow day to BREATH & catch up!
Hugs to you, Anet. I'm so sorry to read about Brad's father and his job situation. Life is messy business sometimes. I hope your father in law is able to live the rest of his days pain-free, surrounded by those he loves. Sounds like a good time to roll with things like snow days and movie matinees and an unexpected afternoon for cleaning. Take care.
Thank you so much everyone.
It's about 7:00pm right now and the family has been called to the house.
He's had a really bad day.
Brad and his brother are going to stay the night. (they didn't stay last night.)
Ugh, this is so hard. We've never had a death in the family like this. I hate this!
Thinking of you and your family.
Kel
Sorry to hear about Brad's dad. We have close friends going through similar situation right now, lay off, plus family member not doing well.
Post a Comment