Quick update on mom:
She had a great day yesterday!!! Thank goodness it wasn't so bad taking her to the doctors.
I read in a library book the other night that dementia is not a disease in it's self but a symptom of other diseases.
Such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or as simple as a UTI (urinary tract infection)
I thought to myself "wouldn't that be nice if it was as simple as a UTI." Well, that's what the doctor is suspecting as of right now. We'll know today some time. It could be as simple as getting her some antibiotics. Fingers crossed!!!
I'm also checking her blood sugar levels twice a day and making sure she gets up and walks through the house; 5 laps twice a day... she doesn't like that idea at all. We go back to the Doctors in 2 weeks to see how she's doing and figure out what to do. Thank you everyone for your kind words, you are all very sweet:)
As for me;
Now I'm getting an earache and sneezing my head off.... I have a dizzy brain! I thought I was feeling better, but maybe the stress has gotten the better of me. So today I'm taking it easy, yeah... as easy as I can!





8 comments:
Best wishes to your mom and hoping for you and her that it is a UTI, how great would that be!!!
Oh darn, those colds can be ....a real pain. Get well...
By the way I don't think I have mentioned that I love your banner!
Oh I hope that's what is happening with your mom...wouldn't that be great?
And yes, stress will do that to a person. Take care of yourself while you are busy taking care of your mom!
I hope you feel better. I hope that your mother finds the simplest solution to her symptoms and all will be well. Lots of love and healing.
your mom is so cute!! I really hope it is as simple as UTI. Try to take care of yourself, Anet! A cup of tea, a hot bath and a good book! Dr's orders!!!!
Anet, I'm so sorry this has been going on. Taking care of a sick parent is not easy (I know b/c my mom's home is attached to ours, she is a diabetic with level 3 (of 5) kidney disease; we have some difficult times). I hope it's just a UTI, I had no idea that could cause dementia.
Well wishes your way and hang in there.
lisa
Hey Everyone,
Thanks! I'm feeling a bit better:)
My mom does not have a UTI. But she's back to her old self again, thank the Lord! One thing I've discovered is her blood sugar levels are all over the place! A big difference from morning to evening reading.
I think that she needs different dose of insulin.
I know that could make a person act wacky!
Lisa,
Sounds like we have the same situation. The hardest part is still having young children and an elderly parent at the same time. That is very stressful. Best of luck with your family!
(That's the third Lisa... LOL! I have 3 Lisa's that visit here:) Love my Lisa friends!)
Post a Comment