Boozhoo! (Greetings!) Ojibwa
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving Holiday!
We'll be having our Ghost supper on Saturday with my mom, sister, her family and my brother.
We don't celebrate a traditional Thanksgiving... being a Native American family.
Instead we have a Native American Ghost supper, we honor our ancestors and give thanks (Megwetch) to the Great Father for all the blessings that He gives to us. We do eat the traditional foods... my favorite meal of the year! We'll play games and spend time together as a family.
Turkey shoot practice with a nerf gun. Gobble, Gobble!
Some Homeschool Stuff...
Strategy Games Class. Favorite game: Settlers of Catan
Noah reading a part from a play in Drama class.
Autumn made a Camera Obscura in photography class.
Camera= a Latin word for room. Obscura= a Latin word for dark.
We covered all the windows with black plastic and cut a small hole in one of the window's plastic for the lens. Turned off the lights and presto, an image of the outside is projected into the room. It was a gloomy day out, a brighter day would of made the image show up better.
The image is projected upside down into the room. We could see trees, houses and cars driving by.
It was pretty cool! I must say that I am so impressed with Autumn. Who knew she'd be such a great teacher?!




5 comments:
Have a happy Ghost Supper day, that tradition sounds great.
I enjoyed the photos.
Best wishes for a wonderful Ghost Supper. I was so excited to read about your camera obscura – I have plans to build one with my daughter later in the year.
What a productive and busy week for everybody! The Camera Obscura is beautiful. I hope Noah had fun playing strategy games and in drama!
Wishing you an enjoyable and lovely Ghost Supper with your family.
Hope you had a nice Ghost Supper and enjoyed time with loved ones, Anet. :)
Happy Thanksgiving/Ghost Supper, Anet! A little late, but not too late to tell you I'm grateful for you.
We played Catan all through the break with Lesley & Brian. :)
Autumn's camera obscura is so cool. I've seen that in photography books.
Post a Comment