Friday, October 16, 2009

Potato Printing

We did this project last year and really liked the results. This year we made wrapping paper for Noah's birthday next week. We carved our designs into potato halves and dried the potatoes with some paper towel to get rid of extra moisture. We brushed on black acrylic paint with a sponge brush. Then just printed away!
Harpo is always interested in any project containing food. I'm loving not having to spend money on store bought wrapping paper!


Noah's Skull design



Mom's owl face

Dad's Jack-O-Lanterns

6 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE the orange kitty peering over the table at Noah's potato printing.

I haven't doen't this with the girls yet, but now am very much inspired!

lisa

~Molly~ said...

Just brilliant!!! We are going to have to do this soon! Love the sneaky kitty face trying to get in on the action. Too cute!

Molly

tiff said...

that is great wrapping paper...i have done this during the holiday season, but what fun for the halloween season...

love all the creativeness happening at your house! fun times!

Lisa said...

These are so fun! All three turned out great! I just love this time of year! Your blog looks great, by the way!!
Lisa

Anet said...

Thanks Lisa, This is a quick and fun projects. I bet your girls would like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Molly, Thanks!
Harpo is always in on the activities:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Tiff, I feel like there hasn't been much on the creative side going on lately... I need to step it up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Lisa,
I was surprised how cute my husband's print turned out. He's not very artsy:)

Wendy said...

What a cool project! I just ate the last of our potatoes... Must buy more. ;)

Blog Archive