She left the nest today. My sweet girl has moved out into the world. I was fine until I went into her empty room...(almost empty) and burst into tears. She's not that far away, about 15 minute car ride. I'll be okay... soon. This is a strange time in ones life when you let your heart just walk out the door.She is 22 years old, a responsible young adult. My job as parent will never end, just change.
Now to get use to change.




22 comments:
Oh Anet, this post pulls at my heartstrings. My first will be leaving, too, before I know it. So nice to watch them grow into adults...and yet...
A big hug to you, Anet. You've done a fabulous job raising her.
I am sending you hugs! I think often about that time and have no clue what it will feel like, but I get sad reading about others...so please know that you are in my thoughts as you transition into a new Mom role!
Heart ya!
Oh Anet, my heart goes out to you. Quite honestly I'm speechless and teary eyed.......so bittersweet.
I read this earlier and then had to leave and sneak into Amelia's bed and hold her, your post broke my heart. Bittersweet, I am sure.
oh, I know. It was hard when my daughter went to 1st grade at public school. It seemed she was gone for a long time.
Hugs to you...
Hugs to you! Your journey with her is changing not ending. Yet, I have tears in my eyes, as well!
Thinking of you.
Ohhhhh I feel for you... and that's a lovely photo.
I remember when my oldest left, it was so difficult but then I got use to it and now I'm just waiting for the day my youngest leaves..seems like he is cemented to the floor here. ha.
I know how it feels, I have four daughtrs, all grown up and married now- but I remember how it felt as they moved away into their new world , one by one! It will get better!
Just think of the adventures that await her, the doors just opened up for her next journey, how exciting! Could be worse, like she doesn't want to leave home! However, still something that you have to process and mourn before you can move to the next step. Thinking of you!
Oh I'm so glad I've got a few years for this!! (((((Anet))))) Now you'll have to find reasons to visit her, maybe bring things for her apartment/house and groceries, those are always appreciated.LOL
Molly
{{{hugs}}}
Kel
i AM BACK AGAIN - Anet I have just tagged you, hope you don't mind, see today's blog . have fun it is an easy one
Thank you everyone, You're the best!
I feel for you, I understand!
I'm late with my comment (been on vacation) but wanted to offer my support... and a hug. Autumn seems like such a wonderful young woman. It must be a bit emotional though. Sending you good thoughts.
Oh, Anet. From the movie Parenthood--"“There is no end zone. You never cross the goal line, spike the ball and do your touchdown dance. Never.” You will always be her parent and she your daughter. Take refuge in that thought. That relationship will never end and she will forever need her mother.
((hugs))
Hey ma, Don't be sad, i'm still around. I have a new blog where I post all my cool stuff I get from antique stores, and my new photoshoots and such.
Aww... Autie I love you! I will check out your new blog:)
Ma I miss you, you should come visit me soon.
I will sweetie, when I get some time maybe on Friday. Noah and I will be at Lake Lansing until about noonish. We could buzz over from there. We'll check to see if you'll be home.
Oh yeah, stop calling me "ma"!!! I'm mom!
okay MA. But I might be working with doug friday, I dont know what time though.
We think that day is SO far away, it'll never happen, but I bet it was just a blink of an eye! Reminds me, once again, to take every moment and treat it with joy for the gift it is! Congratulations for raising an independent, happy child who feels strong enough to leave the nest.
Post a Comment