We walked to the Gone Wired Cafe for some root beers, browsed the book store (found some old history books in the free section) and stopped at the bank. I found some guy's credit card laying on the sidewalk...I gave it to the bank teller.
Noah at the cafe.
Such a good student!
Dying radish seeds with food coloring. Will it change the plants? We will see;)
Our nature study books from the library. The Smithsonian Field Guide to the Birds of North America came with a CD-ROM. It shows the birds and you can hear their bird songs. Highly recommended! Noah really enjoyed Mitt the Michigan Mouse, he read it all in one day. Tomorrow we will watch Lost in the Woods movie.
Maybe I'll start with backyard camping! That way I can just go in the house if I don't like it:) I can just see Sniffy bugging me while we are trying to camp! I'll be sure to bring the peanuts.
Sniffy sitting with me on the front steps in the evening.




10 comments:
Sounds like a real nice day. It's great that you can walk to neat places.
On camping, I am not a Happy camper, but I try to take the kids once a year. This year I am looking at getting a yurt or cabin instead of doing tents.
I want to come spend the day with you and Noah. What a lovely day!!!
How nice that you got an extra day with Noah. Sounds like you two really made the most of it! Keep us updated on those radishes, okay?
I can't believe Sniffy sits with you on the porch steps. How sweet is that?
Our version of camping: rent a carriage house with a hot tub that happens to be in the woods. :-)
Hey Kel, yeah! a yurt or a cabin is more my comfort zone:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wish you could Tiff! Spring break soon?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tara, Oooo.... a carriage house with a hot tub, in the woods. What a dream! I really just want to escape from the city to the woods.
Peace and quiet:)
Sometimes Sniffy sit on the church bench (on the porch) with me and we have nice conversations. People think I'm a bit nutty!
I can't get over how tame Sniffy is! What fun to be friends with a wild animal!
What a great assortment of nature books. I would love to find that bird book with CD-rom, I woke up to the most amazing bird song this morning but still don't know if I dreamt it. I grew up camping, literally our family spent two whole summers in the woods in tents-best memories ever.
Backyard camping is a great start!! So fun! I'm going to have to find that bird book with the cd! Sounds perfect! Noah is looking more "mature" these days! It goes so fast...
It's those little slices of time that matter the most isn't it?
I agree with the camping thing, try the backyard thing first. lol!
And by the way, thank you for that comment you left earlier. I appreciated it. :)
What a lot of fun activities you have planned...I like the idea of camping in the backyard.
One year many years ago when my boys were small, we camped out on the tranpoline all night to watch a meteor shower. Only my third youngest and I made it the whole night. It was so fun.
I think Noah would love where we hike. Hunt found a bone (probably coycte leg bone) or something behind the rocks. Wish you lived closer to do nature things ...Hunt would enjoy Noah i bet.
I'm so jealous of your gardening-induced sunburn--I can't wait for mine! lol. Sounds fabulous.
Your Spring mantle is gorgeous, Anet. I love it. Happy Spring to you and yours!
Post a Comment