I'll be working 5 days a week from now on, one of the other teachers (she's young) joined the Army. Hey, after hanging with preschoolers fighting the enemy should be a piece of cake, yes? Just kidding, bless their hearts!
So... trying to be more organized with Noah's homeschooling. Making sure the whole week is planned out and materials are ready. I'll still be home by noonish so it's not too bad and we sure could use the extra cash right about now. ah-humm.. the gas bill almost doubled from last month's bill, grrr..... Just wanted to let you all know that we're still here if the blogging seems to slow down a bit. This coming week I have some days off for a winter break at preschool. Yay!
Noah has nature center class, science lab and Cub Scouts this week. At home we will be celebrating Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday on Thursday. Oh and another of Noah's favorites birthday is Wednesday, Thomas Edison is 162 years old.
In math he's learning fractions, so we have some fun math planned for that. Busy week!
I did manage to make the cats a catnip mouse, as you can see from the photo Boo is not happy about sharing it. As he's bopping Harpo on the head to get the mouse back. So I quick stitched up some plain squares filled with catnip so the arguing would stop. (they still fight over the mouse, of course!)
UPDATE ON THE ROOT BEER: Taste like root beer alright, flat root beer! Yuckie!!! Caleb seems to not mind the missing fizzies. I'm glad it's not going to waste.
The weather this weekend was just awesome!!! Sunny and warm. (56 degrees on Sat.) My side yard is completely melted:) I hope you all had a great weekend!




8 comments:
We had 60 degree weather today, but I was stuck at work all day.
That's funny about the catnip mouse. I love the way cats interact.
Friends of ours brought home made root beer to a colonial day we attended years ago. They had aged theirs, and it was bubbly- but I think it may have had converted some of the sugar to alcohol!
So cool...is that the right response? I would love my job to end at noon...to be quite honest I think the kinders would like it to end at noon too...
What does Noah do in the a.m. while you are teaching? just curious.
Bummer about the rootbeer...BLUCK...flat rootbeer...like you said it is not going to waste which is a good thing.
At least it warmed up last week, that must have helped your new busy-ness. You are very organized, so I'm sure you'll adjust your pace with flying colors.
Good luck with the new schedule!
We love watching our cats play with each other, especially when catnip is involved. You are a sweet kitty mama to whip up some new toys so quickly.
The weather forecast says it will be close to 60 here by midweek. We may have to blow off school and go for a muddy hike!
I won't even mention how much our utility bill went up!! Shocking to say the least! And we live in California! I love your cats!! We are thinking about getting some kittens. All I can think about is more work for me! But I sure love snuggling with them.
Hi Kel, There is a very small window of time to refrigerate the root beer to get it right. I think we put it in to early.
Tomorrow is suppose to be 60 degrees here :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Tiff,
I agree... half day kindergarten is all they really need.
Noah hangs out with grandma. She lives with us in a mothers-in-law apt. in the back of our house. Also Autumn and Caleb are usually here too.
He sleeps in, reads and sometimes works on math that he can do without me. Review stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Ruth:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tara, Yeah for warmer weather!!!
Noah has nature class so we'll be in the woods tomorrow:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Lisa, Hey I can ship you one of mine. I'll even throw in a catnip mouse:)
I remember making catnip mice back in the days of cats...
all the best and lots of energy for the new schedule Anet!!
Good thing Noah likes root beer without fizz .... too bad about that though...
Glad you warmed up and sounds like you will be busy but glad to read you will still find some time to blog. Flat root beer...darn.
Post a Comment