Monday, February 23, 2009

Stratego, Scones and Tea.

Momma's sick! I have a giraffe size sore throat, headache and feeling all around crappy!
After I got home from work I jumped into my pj's then Noah and I whipped up a batch of scones. I made some hot tea and we played Civil War Stratego.


Did a little math and watched Little House on the Prairie.

Oh yes, we browsed through our new National Geographic that came in the mail today.

Quiet day for a sick mom and a sweet boy.

Noah won:)

10 comments:

tiff said...

Anet...sorry you are feeling so bum...but your day sounds lovely other than that! You are such a good mama...even sick you whip up a batch of scones...wowzers. Hope you feel better soon...and that your giraffe is not strep...guess who has strep again...UGH! We are heading into a specialist in a week...that is the soonest they could get Rohnan in.

denise said...

Oh, sorry you are sick. Today I felt it too, and know I will be full force cold by tomorrow - first one since October. Ah well. Hope you feel better soon!

Tara said...

I think that creepy crud is everywhere at once. I had it last week and it turned into sinus infection by Friday. Had to break down and get some antibiotics at the quick clinic on Saturday...
Keep giving yourself lots of TLC and laying low. I hope you feel better soon.

A Slice of the Pie said...

Take care and feel better soon.

Kel

~Molly~ said...

Ugh, hope its gone soon and doesn't bother anyone else!! You are a great mom for making scones and tea and playing with Noah. I'd have been on the couch saying "just don't burn anything or let the cats out" to the kids while I suffered.

Hang in there!

Molly

Tammy said...

I love playing Stratego.

You get better soon, you hear? :)

Ruth said...

Too bad! I can't believe you "whipped up" scones though. That is just not even in my psyche when I'm sick. But you have Noah as a sidekick I guess, and he helps too. He must be a good motivator.

The photo with the Stratego guys set up and Noah in the bokeh background is brilliant! One of my faves ever here. You could print it and hang it somewhere. :D

Feel better. Hope you don't have to go to school today.

Lisa Anne said...

I am sorry about your throat. Despite not feeling good it sounds a perfectly lovely way to spend the afternoon.

sandy said...

Hope you feel better and I always love the way you photograph stuff that is going on or around your house and that scone looks delicious!! And once again, I'm coming on giraffe, meaning I am seeing them all over the place this week, on different blogs...I need to stick my neck out more I guess.

Anet said...

Oh Tiff, sorry to hear that! I just bet it's time to get rid of those tonsils. Poor Rohnan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks everyone, I feel much better. I gargled with warm salt water a bunch of times and the throat is much better. :)

Blog Archive