Saturday, February 14, 2009

Plastic ring victim

These photos hang in the nature center that we visit. A reminder that we really need to cut up those darn plastic rings. I can't believe the poor thing can live like this.

7 comments:

A Slice of the Pie said...

Holy shmoly! That is intense. Poor guy.

Kel

Anonymous said...

My goodness that is sooo awful. It mus have been so tiny when It crawled into it, it is amazing that it has survived. delphine

Tara said...

I've seen this picture before. It is so sad. What a difference a moment of mindfulness would have made for this poor creature.

tiff said...

sad...sad...sad...

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh Anet, that is so sad... why does this continue to happen...

Anet said...

Hello everyone,
I've saw my husband stop in his tracks the other day in the kitchen. He had just thrown something away. He saw me and stopped, reached into the trash and pulled out a six pack ring. (for pop, not beer) and started to pull it apart. (A women would of reached for scissors.) Anyways... I said to him "good job!" he said "Yeah, I knew I'd better do it when I saw you coming."
Whatever works baby, intimidation!

Lisa said...

Horrific! We have 2 box turtles that their former owner didn't want anymore. We love them to death, this picture brings tears to my eyes! I'm glad you posted it, thank you.

Blog Archive