Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Vintage Valentine Giveaway...

My vintage Valentines are so much fun to pull out in January. I enjoy looking at each one.
I have my favorites; like the kittens, the Eskimo, the sparkly ones and the teacher cards. Remember when Valentines came with a special Valentine for the teacher? They don't do that anymore.
I must have close to two hundred of these. I have more than I need. I thought it would be fun to share and have a Valentine Giveaway. I've chosen about 30 cards to send to a randomly chosen visitor . If you would like to have your name thrown in the hat, leave a comment here and we will chose a winner on Sunday, Jan 25th. I'll quickly pop them in the mail.
Happy Valentines Day!

7 comments:

Unschoolers Rock the Campground said...

So cute. I do remember the teacher cards! The cards are beautiful!

Tara said...

I loved decorating my Valentine's box and the party at school where we would walk around and deliver cards to each other. Getting one with a candy taped on was huge fun!
What a great collection!

Lisa said...

Such sweet memories of valentines in grade school! And, yes, I do remember one for the teacher! We always make ours from scratch but I would love to have some of these sweet valentines!

sandy said...

If I wasn't clearing stuff out I'd participate. They are beautiful and I so remember the old fashioned ones, very fondly in fact.

I remember my crush, Billy Hurst, in kindergarten and first grade and I would spend so much time picking out just the perfect one for him...the rest of the kids in class...it didn't matter...

With a move coming in the next year or so, I have to streamline around here...

tiff said...

oh so cool...you had me at "the Eskimo"...love that you have so many vintage cards. And I do remember how the cards came with a special card for the teacher...now i have to have the boys' make them home made...but I guess that is more fun for the teacher, right?

Jodi Anderson said...

I could sit here and smile at those photos all day, feeling nostalgic. I love vintage Valentines.

Gwen Buchanan said...

What a collection! colorful and fun.. Noah must love going through them with you...

hearts to you!!

Blog Archive