A Humble Daisy/ Fleabane (Erigeron Strigosus). A Gift From Noah/Summer of 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I now have full blown cabin fever.
I want to sit on my porch swing.
I want to hike in the green lush woods.
I want to smell the roses in my garden.
I want to grill hamburgers. I want to make sun tea.
I want to pick a tomato warm from the sun.
I want to sit in hot sand. Gaze at the stars.
I want to homeschool outside on the upstairs balcony.
I want to be woken by birds happily singing.
I want to wear my sandals. I want a big bowl of fruit salad.
I want Noah to have dirty knees.
I want to pet a cat snoozing lazily in an open window.
I want to hang clothes on the line to dry.
I even want to swat at a mosquito.
I want to have patience for the rest of January, February, March and a bit of April.
Cabin fever came a bit early this year for me.
I must remember the importance of winter;
a time of rest, a time of reflection and inner renewal.
What are you wanting?




10 comments:
oh I am sorry you have cabin fever...the Colorado sun would warm and bring you energy.
i want my children to love learning.
i want to own a house here in town.
i want keegan to feel better...he has the flu and missed ski lessons.
i want to snuggle with my family.
i want to have the motivation to get into some sort of shape & lose some weight.
i want my long weekend to last forever.{i could go on & on}
great post anet! love the flower photo!
We wanted to barbecue some pork ribs.
Even though I feel for you, I enjoyed the post too.
I want to leave the house in a tshirt, skirt and flip flops. I want to go to sleep with the bedroom window open. I want to run into a neighbor while I'm walking and stand outside talking for 20 minutes. I want to have a big basket of CSA vegetables waiting for me. I want to be able to let Mother Nature take over meal planning for a few months. I want to find a bit more patience...
It is nice to know I'm not the only one with cabin fever these days. :-) Stay toasty and content.
Hey Tiff,
Wow...The boys are sure getting more than their fair-share of those flu bugs. Public school fun!
I hope Keegan feels better soon.
Noah hasn't been sick yet. (knock on wood. knock,knock...)
I really need to find some motivation to get in shape too. ugh!
I have a really long weekend, Friday was cancelled due to freezing temps. My boss was in Chicago and I had a strange feeling on Wednesday that I needed to ask her what I do if school gets cancelled. So it was all good:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Ruth!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tara,
That all sounds wonderful. It is good to know there are others feeling the same way. I love winter until just after Christmas and then it could all go away as far as I'm concerned. I need to move a tad farther south I think.
Yesterday was insanely cold.
Aaaargh, take back the mosquito part, please!!!
I want winter to be winter. We so very rarely have cold, snowy anything. However, yesterday and today were in the low and mid-60s. It was SOOOO nice to stand there in a sweatshirt and not feel the need for a jacket. Now that I'd buy in a bottle.
Molly, who'd also like you to live here so we could be runnin' buds. Now *THAT* would be fun!
I just wanna ski.
I want new clean white snow. Lots.
And a pint of Ben and Jerrys.
I know. I'm so profound.
You know, I love cold and winter, but it is particularly hard this year. Two little boys who want warmth, sun, and outside. They wouldn't even mind snow if it wasn't 40 bazillion degrees below zero. :)
What I am wanting? A whole 8 hours of sleep. A fresh mind that feels creative again. No work for a few weeks (for both me & my husband) so I can see my husband for more than 3 minutes a day. To live somewhere that actually has places to GO and things to DO in the winter. :)
Sure hope spring miraculously comes quick to you. Winter can be such a long season for some parts of the country.
What do I want? I want to stop eating these darn breadsticks from Olive Garden, that I am consuming at this very moment, after dipping them in Alfredo dipping sauce. (My husband brought dinner home for me). I just had the toscano soup and I cannot STOP eating these darn things.. they're so good.
Other than that right now, can't think of any wants, other than a cup of coffee.
ah, Anet, desires of the future to come.. yes a few months before it is full flung.. I would take it anyday too... as long as I can still have the time during that period... as many days, I mean...
I'm with you...
Hi Anet, ]
That kind of cabin fever isn't much fun, so I feel for you.
Does it help to escape to warm places via movies? Try a little Thelma and Louise therapy, or Shirley Valentime or Blue Lagoon, or Wind, or Lawrence of Arabia, Sheltering Sky, Mama Mia!....
I want the four seasons. I need this time to reflect inward, to work on projects that get neglected during summer. I need a break from summer--last spring and summer were really tough for me, so I'm enjoying this winter--a lot.
I want you to be content. I hope your cabin fever cools enough to get you through to spring.
xo
Post a Comment