Monday, December 8, 2008

A Little of This and a Little of That....

Noah showing the puppets we've made for the Yule Battle puppet show on the winter sosltice.

Bella waiting for Santa already?

Sniffy loves her winter mixed nut surprise.

My mom's holiday bouquet sent from my sister Sue.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Todays Ornament

Listen... can you hear. The choir is practicing Silent Night for Christmas Eve mass.
This is one of my favorites, you place a bulb from the string into the hole at the bottom of the church and the stain glass windows glow a candle lite glow. I imagine the choir practicing their Christmas carols inside.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Everything looks so festive. I love the shot of Bella with JOY above her head.

denise said...

Oh - I love those puppets! Very cool!

I miss our little chipmunk...she is cozy with a carload of birdseed and nuts for the winter, though. ;) We have the birds now, though, so all is good.

nice flowers!

Lisa Anne said...

I just love coming here and seeing photos of Sniffy. I showed a lot of your photos to my daughter the other day. And Bella is a beautiful cat.

Tara said...

Bella is a beautiful girl, very lady like in this photo. Your solstice celebration seems like it will be fun (anything with a puppet show is cool). I'm excited for solstice this year too.

Anet said...

Thanks Sharon!
Oh that is just prefect, Bella is my joy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Denise,
The puppets were so much fun to make! Noah's interpretations of the King Holly and the King Oak.

Do chipmunks hibernate? Sniffy holds up for a few days during really bad weather. I always think about her shivering in her nest!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Lisa Anne:)
I have over a hundred photo of that squirrel, she is such a ham!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Tara,
Oops, Bella is a boy. I know,he has a girl's name. We thought he was a girl when he was a kitten and we never changed his name. I call him Bella Boy/Beautiful Boy. He is very lady like though, he is pretty!

Yes, the puppet show should be fun. Noah loved the story of the king's battle at Yule. (Anything with a battle in it!) He drew up some sketches and we went to work making the puppets. We are still working on a few props. Oh! this reminds me of a book I have somewhere with some winter solstice activities for children. I'll have to look for it:)

Are you planning anything fun?

Tara said...

LOL! Excuse me while I stick my foot in my mouth...
My apologies, Bella. Our Snicket often has the same problem. With his long whiskers, fluffy coat and pink heart tag, people think he is she.

Anet said...

That's okay Bella doesn't mind:)

tiff said...

i wanna come to your home...you have such a warm feel in your photos. Noah is such a cutie holding his solstice puppets...

oh and that sniffy...he makes me smile...he is one lucky furry creature to be a part of your family!

i feel like bella...sitting waiting for santa...{except i am waiting for dec. 19th...the day vacation starts}

sandy said...

Great photos and I enjoyed my catch up. Loved the one of the kids in the audience.....down below.

Lisa said...

Those puppets are wonderful! Your home looks beautiful! So inviting!

Blog Archive