This is Tollgate Wetlands about 3 blocks from home. We found a couple of woolly bears. Many people say that you can forecast the winter with the band on the woolly bear, actually it has to do with their age. Also Noah found a fossil and many of the plants were going to seed; like the cattails and the milkweeds. We sat for awhile so Noah could do some journaling. Beside the grey sky and cool weather...we had a wonderful walk. 

This evening's rainbow...






11 comments:
What a beautiful place you have so close to you.
You have the best of both worlds in your hands, Anet..
I recognize most of your plants... nice to have things in common!!
That's the neatest caterpillar I've ever seen. I'm going to have to look it up in our field guide to see what it looks like when it's a butterfly.
I don't recognize any of the plants you have....isn't it amazing the differences there are across the country?
I love the glimpse of Noah smiling!
Hi Slice of the Pie,
It is a beautiful place with a wonderful trail. I don't know why we don't go there more often.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know Gwen you're right, sometimes I forget that and get really disgusted with this town.
But I still would love a town like yours. You know, I've never seen photo's of the village that you live in. Does it have main street?
Maybe someday you can snap a few photos of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tammy, We see the woolly bear in the early fall. They turn into an Isabella moth. I have no idea what the moth looks like. hmmm...we will look that up today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Sharon, It was a nice time with Noah. I did have to ask him a few time to stop talking about video games as we walked! Ugh!!!
Anet that's a great idea.. I have totally ignored posting our Main Street.. I love seeing everyone elses hometown.... there are quite a few historic homes on it.. I'll do a post on that real soon...
you are always thinking!!! Thanks
I really love the way you school, Anet. The bog looks amazing, and reminds me that we should take a trip to the one near our house. We went there last summer and to see the carnivorous plants and it was so cool. Great photos!
Awesome Gwen, I will be watching for that! ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Awe!!! Thanks Tara, I really needed to hear that today. Lately he is resisting any type of workbooks. So I have put them away for awhile and trying to be a bit more creative. How creative can you get with math?
We went for a walk today as well. It's the PERFECT time of year for it.
Thanks for sharing your walk with us.
such beautiful photos. Love the rainbow.
Hey Not so cool! I just went along on your walk with you at your web page...very cool!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Sandy, Caleb called me from his friend's house and told me to go outside to check out the rainbow. Of course the camera batteries were dying!
Post a Comment