Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sniffy

Isn't she cute?! I just had to post a photo of Sniffy...after I visited Molly's blog and saw a squirrel being roasted on an open fire! (not Molly, but an reenactor was doing the roasting.) That was a bit disturbing! Molly was sweet and warned me not to LOOK...but I did. YIKES!!! So anyways, Sniffy is good and I fed her some peanuts on the fence today. Hope you are all in good spirits and health!

9 comments:

~Molly~ said...

I don't think Sniffy has anything to worry about! The roasting squirrel was twice her size, biggest squirrel I've ever seen!!!

She is looking good too, more rested if that is possible.

Tammy said...

I've seen some cute photos of Sniffy, but this is my FAVORITE. She really is a cutie, isn't she?

Ruth said...

Sniffy is very sweet, lucky to have you too. We do have us some squirrels around here, don't we? On the farm there are mostly little pine squirrels, but we've also seen red and gray ones. They don't get as fat as the town ones like Sniffy!

Anet said...

Hey Molly, Everything is BIG in Texas! lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Tammy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Ruth,
My neighborhood is like squirrel city!
Sniffy always looks so fat and healthy in the fall, she eats alot to fatten up for the winter. But by winter's end she looks terrible, skinny and all sickly.

It's tough being a squirrel. I think about her in her nest when the weather is bad and worry about her. I have to tell myself "She's a squirrel, that's what squirrels do."
Ugh, maybe I am "the crazy squirrel lady!"

Jodi Anderson said...

Awww, really cute. Seeing this photo first thing is a great way to start my day. :)

mamakopp said...

Great photo! Sniffy is SO cute ;)

sandy said...

ohhhh Sniffy....watch out.

Ruth said...

Hey Sniffy is lucky to have you around. But you're right about the fat squirrels now, although I've seen some on campus quite plump even in February. So many people feed them by the Red Cedar.

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive