We went to Greenfield Village, home to Henry Ford and the Henry Ford museum.
On Saturday went through the village, from about 10:00 am to 5:00pm.
On Saturday Evening went went back to the village for the Halloween Haunted Village.
On Sunday Morning went went to the museum, which is gigantic! We stopped at an antiques mall and then on the way home we went to the Ikea store. I'm telling you, I am one tired girl!
We saw so many great thing and place. We visited some very famous homesteads like; Robert Frost, Thomas Edison, George Washington Carver, Noah Webster, The Wright Brothers and many more.
We saw many craftsmen working and Noah was able to help run the old printing press. He really loved the crafts area watching the tin smith, the glass blowers and especially the potters. We saw a working farm and Thomas Edison's lab. Lots of Ford stuff like model T's. Also loads of trains, plane and automobiles.
Noah stood a watched the potters for about a half an hour.
That's one BIG jug!
The Robert Frost Home, many of the rooms were painted pink.
Noah Webster Home
Thomas Edison's homestead (a homeschooler!)
The Wright Brothers being welcomed home by their sister.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Below is the cabin of George Washington Carver.
Sniffy is a big fan of his. Cultivator of peanuts!
I'll post more tomorrow; the Halloween haunted village and the museum.
Good night for now!




10 comments:
Wow - what a busy weekend! Sounds like a wonderful time. Very nice pictures!
Happy Birthday! Looks like it was great!
This sounds like so much fun... and so busy. Do you need a vacation from your vacation? (I get on major overload just going through Ikea!) Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures.
Sounds like a great weekend! It's been so long since I've been to Greenfield Village. I'll have to take Zoe next time were back that way. Those pictures are making me nostalgic!
holy smokes what a fantastic weekend...filled to the brim. Love the photos...so cool to see the visual along with the written word.
WOW!!!!!
Can you believe I've never been to Greenfield Village, Anet? I've been to the Henry Ford museum a couple of times though. I remember it being different as a kid, but all those vehicles are cool. It's great that it's so close for you and Noah to visit! And Happy Birthday to both of you!!
We finally went to Ikea recently, before Farm Day, and we had a blast. :)
Yes, it was the perfect autumn weekend weather-wise.
This village sounds a lot like Heritage Village that Kayla and I went to last month. She enjoyed working the printing press there, too. And I love the huge jug! Katie will be reading about George Washington Carver soon and would love to see his home. What is the worker rolling out? Is it....pottery? Can you roll out pottery? lol Curious.
Can't wait to see the haunted village photos. Some of the buildings at Heritage Park were closed because they were beginning to decorate for the haunted village there.
And happy, happy birthday! :)
Enjoyed the photos!
Hi Everyone, Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had to quick run out to buy Noah some birthday gifts today, Tomorrow we will go to dinner after his Future Historian meeting. I am still so tired! I do need a vacation from the vacation!
Hey Tara, I was overwhelmed with the Ikea store! I did buy some goodies! Logenberry juice is yummy! We also bought home some warm cinnamon rolls for my mom.
Oh Sharon, it was so great. Brad and I both were there in the 4th. grade! Now that's a long....time ago!
Thanks Ruth, I haven't post pics of the museum yet, tomorrow I will. This was our first time at the museum. I could believe how huge it was!
Hi Tammy, Thanks for the birthday wishes! It's fun sharing a birthday with Noah. :)
The lady was making a shallow bowl, she rolled it and placed it over a mold to shape it. I wanted to buy something BUT it was super duper expensive!
That is one jam-packed weekend, for sure. But it looks like you had fun! (I agree, we need entire weekends to do Ikea...let alone trying to do other things, too!)
Post a Comment