Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Last Night's Birthday cake and today's printing project

We learned about the printing press at the village. Today we read about how the ancient Chinese used block printing to produce the same image over and over. We carved some scary faces in potatoes and used ink pads to make to cool prints.
From last night,
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. You look like a monkey...
and you smell like one too!" Thanks for all the birthday wishes! We still have our anniversary, Halloween, and Caleb's birthday all in the next ten days. YIKES!

9 comments:

Jodi Anderson said...

The skulls look great!

Also, I'm suddenly hungry for cake. Mmmm.

~Molly~ said...

Yall just amaze me with the creative talent!! Just awesome! Happy Anniversary and B-days to all!!! What a beautiful time of year for them.

Molly

Sharon said...

Oh Noah, I hope they didn't give you a pinch to grow an inch!

Tara said...

LOVE that skull!

tiff said...

wow what a busy october...noah's birthday looks like fun! And happy belated bday to both of you!

love the skull printing...the paper looks fantastic!

Anet said...

Thanks Everyone,
That was one of the easiest projects ever! I'm thinking homemade wrapping paper would be fun.

Darn it Sharon, I forgot the birthday spankings and the pinch! Is it too late? Except then I might get some myself and that would be a long and painful event!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Groovy prints... lucky boy!!!!!

sandy said...

That's a lot of celebrations you have coming up.

Loved the photos....and the art project.

Amy Bradstreet said...

Sorry to be so behind, but happiest of birthdays to you, Noah!!

Blog Archive