Noah's shrinking applehead, a few hours old.
He has asked me in the past if I knew how to make a shrunken head (a real one)
Me; "Umm... no, why?" Noah; "Oh, just in case." I didn't even ask, as he trotted off!
All I could do is sigh and shake my head back and forth. I guess in case we needed to shrink someone's head in a hurry.
His name is Rotten Ralph. It will be fun watching Rotten Ralph rot. We'll keep you posted.




12 comments:
We made these year before last for our Halloween party, they are SOOOO fun!!! I shall pick up some apples tomorrow so they'll be ready in time for the big day!
Molly
um, that was me signed in on Mark's acct. oops!
Molly
Hehehe! I was wondering who Mark was. Then I saw Molly on the bottom.
Take pics. of them. I know Noah would love to see your kid's creations.
Oh, HOW fun! Do you mind if I swipe your idea and do one with Kayla? She'd love it. ;)
Hi Tammy, Oh please do! Take a photo for us:)
Well, it's comforting to know that you don't have a lot of experience with shrinking heads! I wonder what he'd have done if you'd been able to answer his question?! :)
Cool! What did he use to carve it? Will anything work other than a knife? (my little guy is 5)
I want to take a field trip to an apple orchard really badly, and there are DOZENS around here, but they all use SO many pesticides! It's very frustrating!
Hey Sharon, It's sometimes better not to know! He can be so odd sometimes. He does make me laugh!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Mama randa M.G.
Well it was super easy to carve, so I bet a spoon, plastic knife or some other safe tool would work just fine. Noah used the end of a peeler and a butterknife.
I know what you mean about the pestisides!
ahahahahaha... rotten ralph...
that is funny! I love that Noah wants to be prepared in hiw knowledge of shrinking heads. I'd duck and cover if I were you.
LOVE IT! Rotting fruit is so much fun to watch and observe...
Love the idea of a shrunken apple head!!! Oh your house is just so festive!
I buy the cheapest apples to carve and dry, and we cheated this year, being short on time, and accelerated the process by drying them in the oven. It's so cool because you never know just how it's going to look in the end!
My 7 year old was asking way too many questions about shrinking real heads! Sometimes they are looking for a far simpler answer than we think at first, so I kept the details short and sweet.
HA! Those are so fun to do! We still have a head that I made 5 years ago! For some reason I put fake holly on it and it winds up on the tree every Christmas!
Post a Comment