Noah 2006The Unseen Playmate
by Robert Louis Stevenson
When children are playing alone on the green,
In comes the playmate that never was seen.
When children are happy and lonely and good,
The Friend of the Children comes out of the wood.
Nobody heard him, and nobody saw,
His is a picture you never could draw,
But he's sure to be present, abroad or at home,
When children are happy and playing alone.
He lies in the laurels, he runs on the grass,
He sings when you tinkle the musical glass;
Whene'er you are happy and cannot tell why,
The Friend of the Children is sure to be by!
He loves to be little, he hates to be big,
'T is he that inhabits the caves that you dig;
'T is he when you play with your soldiers of tin
That sides with the Frenchmen and never can win.
'T is he, when at night you go off to your bed,
Bids you go to sleep and not trouble your head;
For wherever they're lying, in cupboard or shelf,
'T is he will take care of your playthings himself!
Noah 2006 Noah has had 2 unseen playmates named Dracula and Israel.
Their gone now... Once Noah asked me if I would like to
meet Dracula's mother, what a hoot!




8 comments:
OH, you should have said yes.....I would love to have heard about her!
Gorgeous photos!!!!! :)
Hey Sharon, I just grabbed my neck for protection and said "maybe some other time honey." lol
He told me Dracula was a little boy and he didn't bite. But wasn't too sure if his mom did. I don't think I want to get together for coffee or anything! ********
Oh boy, Noah's package just came. He is at a friend's house right now, He'll be so excited when he gets home to open it!!! Megwetch!:)
Awww Anet, that is sweet... He has a wonderful imagination... and you are allowing him to develop it!!!
Thanks Gwen, He's quite the funny guy. With a heart of gold too!
Is your mom still doing ok? I know this comment has nothing to do with your post, but wanted to ask anyway.
I love the photos too. And I don't recall ever reading that poem, how sweet it is. Yes, it's so cool you allowed Noah his friends. If I'd had a friend named Dracula as a kid, I'd have been afraid! He sounds pretty healthy.
Hi Tammy, Thanks for asking. She's doing so much better. The water build up in her legs has gone down quite a bit and she feels so much better now. The doctor thought she could be having Congestive Heart Failure. But all the testing said her heart is great!:)
************************
Hi Ruth,
Noah is a great kid, He played with Dracula a lot. I always had to push an extra swing for Dracula and make room on the sofa for him! At first I envisioned that creepy old bald Dracula from the first Dracula movies, the one with the buggy eyes and long curly finger nails. So I asked Noah what he looked like, I was very relieved when he said Dracula was just a normal little boy. (who looked a lot like Noah) whew!!!
Lo had an imaginary friend for quite awhile. His name was "Cars" (?!)
Post a Comment