Friday, June 20, 2008

Yard Sales.....My Favorite Find!

These 2 beautiful paintings.
I actually knew the lady who's yard sale this was. Playdough Peg, (she makes our playdough for our preschool) very sweet lady! She said her father traveled a lot for his job, and bought these from the artist in the early 50's in Africa.
I tried to find the artist on line, but had no luck. I think his name is J. Tuor. If anyone knows anything about him or her, I would appreciate it. Peg sold them to me for 50 cents ea. She said that's all she wanted because she knew they'd have a good home.

In this one they are roasting a deer like animal. I'm going to have them framed and was going to give them to Noah, but.... I really like them in the living room. The photos do not do them justice. They are so great in person. I really need a new camera! And some photography lessons!!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh I LOVE garage sales. It's getting to be that time! :) And it looks like you made a fabulous find!

Sharon said...

Oh man, those are great paintings!!!

Blog Archive