Monday, June 23, 2008

A Day of Enchantment at Hogwarts

Noah is at Hogwarts School today.
This 149 year old mansion is transformed into
Hogwarts School for the day. He will attend
classes and play in a Quidditch tournament.
Here's Noah waiting for class to begin.
He's hoping to be put into Gryffindor!
Hogwart Teachers.
Noah checking out the campus with a friend.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Another hip kid! Don't tell anyone I'm so plebian but I LOVE the Harry Potter Series......so fun! Another benefit of living in the real world...unreal summer camps! :) I'm going to email Noah a picture of Zoe at his age dressed as Harry Potter.

tiff said...

...oh my boys' are drooling...they love harry potter...how fun to experience hogwarts for a day...and what a beautiful day it is...

denise said...

Oh my - how fun!

Anet said...

Hey everyone, He has day two Hogwarts school in August. And next week is his four day Civil War camp at the same mansion.

Anet said...

Sharon, What a cute Harry Potter! The hair made me laugh!!! I love that she chose Harry and not Herminie! Noah enjoyed the e-mail!
He was Harry Potter when he was about 3 years old. I should look for his pictures in our picture box.

Gwen Buchanan said...

That is so sweet... looks like the kids would have the best time.. playing in their imagination in an old mansion.. wow!!!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh I forgot Max's love of reading all began with Harry Potter.. John used to read him a chapter every night and before long he couldn't wait any longer and would read far ahead.. surprised us all as he had a very hard time with learning to read at school...just stimulated his imagination so much...
he can hardly put a book down now... always has one on the go.

Anet said...

Hey Gwen, Now isn't that interesting??? Give a child something of interest and they take off on their own! hmmmm....
The kids had a great time!

Amy Bradstreet said...

Very cool! A local organization held a similar event here last summer (google mugglefest, portland maine) and it was extremely crowded but fun. Our entire family dressed for the event--including my husband who went as "a wizard who dresses how he thinks muggles dress". We're geeks. I hope Noah has a blast.

Anet said...

Muggle fest sounds like a blast! I'll have to check it out. Noah loved camp. He can't wait for the next one in Aug. One of the teachers had a sensitive plant that moves when the kids touch it. They thought it was real magic!

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh, how fun is that? That's neat that your town does stuff like that for kids!

Blog Archive