My mom said to me yesterday as we are leaving the
garden center, "I swear you are your great-grandmother
reincarnated!" "You pick the very same plants she
loved to have in her garden."
I picked moss roses, I love the bright colors and
their spiky foliage. Also every color and type
of pansy. Love them! Not to mention the same
love for lilacs as great-grandma LaClear.
I never got a chance to meet her.... my mom says
I even take my tea the exact same way as great-grandma.
I have one great picture of her, she is laughing.
I think I would of loved Great-Grandma LaClear.








7 comments:
Sounds like a nice afternoon......how great to have a Mom who knows you and sees you enough to make comparisons like that........she must really love you.
My mom sees me all the time... She lives with us. She has a "mother-in-law" apt. in the back part of our home. It's like a studio apt. with a kitchen and living/bedroom area and her own bath. It's really nice having mom around. She spends the part of the summer with my sister and the rest of the year here. The kids love having grandma around and my husband adores her! She is going to my sister's soon.
Just reading your additional comment you made here in the comment section.
Must be so nice! I bet your kids really do love having her so close most of the year.
Hi Tammy, we are truly blessed to have grandma around! My daughter Autumn is so close to her grandma, that I think I come in second place. lol... The boys love to laugh with, and sometimes at grandma (all in good fun!)
Anet, How dear for you and your family to know the very flowers that would have been in your grandmothers garden...
...what delicate knowledge...you are in a very special position, to have these memories passed on, acknowledged and carried on through your hands ...
Good for you for appreciating it...
Happy Mothers Day!
Thanks Gwen, I am very grateful for the memories past down from my mother, there is one that is kind of cute. My mother would say on a frosty morning in early fall "There's frost on the pumpkins today!" She told me that her mother and her grandmother always said that. I've said it to my children through out their lives. I had to laugh at Caleb as we left the house one morning last fall. He announced "There's frost on the pumpkins today!" so it carries on... My grandmother had a pumpkin farm, where school buses full of children would come for pumpkins. She loved to watch the children lug their pumpkin prizes to the bus. They would say "Thank you Pumpkin Lady!" of course we (grandchildren) always had first pick. Happy Mothers Day to you!
Anet that story is so cute... Looks like Caleb is following along in the family tradition!
and after the pumpkin farm visit...The children were still to have more fun with their pumpkin prizes, when they carved them...sweet..
Post a Comment