Thursday, May 8, 2008

Old fashion joy, reminds me of grandma....

There's no better vase for lilacs than a canning jar,
in my opinion. I have other vases, but I love them in a jar.
These are from my yard. I planted another bush
two years ago, it's getting bigger.... but no flowers
yet. I can't wait because they are yellow lilacs.
I have never seen yellow before, I purchased it
through a nursery catalog. I've also planted
two more this year, pink and white!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

You're right, the canning jar is perfect. I wish I could smell them!!!

Anet said...

Thanks Sharon, the smell is heavenly!

Ruth said...

I hadn't really thought of that, but you're right about the canning jar! I never heard of yellow lilacs. Wow.

Anet said...

Ruth, Maybe next year some yellow will bloom, I hope...

Tammy said...

Yellow lilacs....I've not seen those before. Lilacs smell just delicious, though. I can't wait for our neighbor's bushes to start blooming!

denise said...

Mine are SO SO close to blooming - can't wait!

Blog Archive