Sunday, May 11, 2008

A New Earth.....

In my spare time I've been reading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. I'm only 1/3 into the book, so far it's pretty fascinating.
It's about disconnecting with your ego which is not really who you are. It's about digging deep in and letting go of stuff that keeps a person in misery. I read and then sometimes re-read the same page, I really want to get this. So I'm going about it slow and easy.
I just read the part about Being Right, Making Wrong. It's about how nothing strengthens the ego more than being right. How a person needs to make another wrong to get a stronger sense of who they are. Being right puts a person in moral superiority in relation to the person or situation being judged.
There is tons of good stuff in this book and I've just begun to read it. He has a few other books
The Power of Now, Practicing the Power of Now, and Speaking Stillness
I'll be checking them out.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Ruth had suggested his The Power of Now and I have to admit that I haven't given it the time it deserves so I am not yet 1/2 done. It's in a question and answer format so it's easy to pick up for short periods and come back to later. I really should sit down and focus. It'll be interesting to hear your final thoughts on A New Earth......

(oh, and I love Sniffy's new picture. I can't believe how big his feet are! I think I'm going to have to start a Wyoming branch of the Sniffy fan club!) He's so far ahead of us, one with his cracker....no ego! Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to start the Wyoming chapter......

Anet said...

Hi Sharon, I love your new profile picture. I can see your lovely face! Sniffy is being a stinker lately, digging in my flower boxes and the other day he was so impatience for his peanut he jumped up and hanged on my hand. Yeah, he let his ego get the best of him....It scared the heck out of me! Not a scratch though!

The book is great, it's like his first one it's easy to stop and start. I'll have to read The Power of Now next.

Ruth said...

I was excited to see you had started this book a while back. The Power of Now almost literally jumped off the bookstore shelf at me a couple years ago, and it transformed my perspective. I guess when you're ready for something, you're ready, and the possibilities for evolution are greater. I'll be curious if you go back and read the first one, if it will be helpful in different ways.

I love Sharon's new photo too!

Anet said...

Hey Ruth, I know what you "mean by ready for something" I've been ready for something, I'm just not sure what. My preschool will be on summer break in another week. A whole summer to relax and evolve!
Gardening, swinging, reading, sipping tea, a trip to Lake Michigan those are my plans...

Blog Archive