Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A little gas ranting!!!

I'm curious about gas prices? What is everyone paying lately?
We are at about $3.56 a gal. Now a few miles up the road in the college
town it's $3.69 a gal. About a week ago , I had a fit.... I paid $3.75 a gal.! Is there anything we can do? It seems we are at the mercy of the oil companies. We have our lives wrapped around and depended on gas. That sucks! Like my sister who drives 37 miles one way to work at Walmart. (She is a manager, but I still think it's crazy.) She has to do it.
I just read Chrysler is giving anyone who buys or leases a new car some sort of card that allows the customer to get gas at a locked in price of $2.99 a gal. I think for a certain amount per year.
Let's all by a new Chrysler..... hurry, ready, set, go!

Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for listening!

8 comments:

denise said...

I know! It is crazy. We have a minivan, which I hate, but there are not any hybrid or diesel options that work for our family needs yet. Soon, though, I think. My husband rides his bike or takes his teeny commute car which gets awesome mileage. Otherwise, we drive as little as possible. We combine all errands to do them at once. Don't shop much. Have no-drive days. And my husband has been reading about this group that tries to massively optimize gas mileage by driving habits. So we keep it smooth, coast, not too fast, etc. and we get above the estimated MPG for our model. Once a diesel comes out that has what we need, I think we are going biodiesel though. :)

Anet said...

Hi Denise, yes we also have a minivan. My husband drives it to & from work only because he doesn't travel too far. I opt for the little economy car for driving to work, kids and errands. We were planning a trip to Gettysburg this summer but... I think we need to stick close to home this year.
Driving habits, sounds interesting. Too bad we couldn't go back to horse and buggies! lol

Tammy said...

$3.45/gallon here.

We're getting weary of it too. My hubby walks to work and we try to only have a few errand days a week.

We'd like to go on a family vacation this summer and the gas will end up costing us more than the hotels. Something's wrong with that.....

Gwen Buchanan said...

You are right I don't know what we would do if we had to drive to work everyday... We are only saved 'cause we work at home.. at the moment gas sells for $1.25 a litre ( metric) here in Canada... There are 3.8 litres = 1 gallon... so that means a gallon of gas here costs $4.75 gal!!! now that is scary...
We used to have so many American tourists come up here in the summer they would out number the canadian tourists (at least in this area...) now most of the americans come on bus tours or from cruise ships..

We used to drive a Jeep grand cherokee.. loved it but had to get rid of it and purchased a little "Honda Fit"... Its fun and we can now drive twice as far... It is amazing how much room is in one of those...

Sharon said...

I think it's around $3.47 a gallon here in northern Wyoming......

Anet said...

I guess we are all feeling overwhelmed by this. Glad you work at home Gwen, Your gas prices are crazy.
Horse and buggies!, Horse and buggies!......

denise said...

There are people with horse and buggies in this county, but they seem to get hit by cars. SUVs, driving too fast on country roads! Maybe an armored horse & buggy? ;P

Anet said...

Oh yeah!!! An armored buggy with huge steel spikes protruding out!
lol

Blog Archive