Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I've hated this side porch since we bought
the house 3 years ago! The wood is rotting and
the railing is rusty and loose. I always worry
about my mom using it. It's the most used entrance.

So this weekend Brad and Caleb got busy.
It was so cute watching father and son work
together. Brad giving Caleb careful instructions
on how to use the power tools. Watch Caleb's
face as he worked along side his dad. It was
wonderful! They don't get much of a chance to
do this kind of stuff together.

Now there is scrapping and painting to do, that's my part.
I'll post a finish project picture when it's done.

7 comments:

denise said...

Nice! We just finished making a child size wooden picnic table this weekend. My boys LOVE using the powerdrill with their dad. ;) Can't decide how to paint it - we'll see.

Looks like they did a great job!

Sharon said...

They look great! I can almost smell the freshly cut wood from here. Was Noah just beside himself wanting to help?

Anet said...

Hi Denise, The picnic table sounds great, I'm sure you guys will come up with some fabulous colorful idea for the paint! I can't wait to see it:)
*************
Hey Sharon, I love that smell of fresh cut wood! Noah wasn't even interested, he spent the day playing with friends down the street making a fort of some sort.
He will be wanting to paint it with me though, he loves that!
Oh... I just picked up the Artful Blogger Magazine summer 2008. It's candy for my eyes!!!
The price was a bit much, oh well.
I also picked up some new Gnomes;)

Tammy said...

It looks so nice already. What color are you going to paint it?

Anet said...

Hi Tammy, I'm painting the old parts; the lattice and the sides.
I guess you have to wait about a year to paint the new treated lumber. It has to age before it will except paint or stain.
I'm painting the lattice a chocolate brown. Only because I still have a unopened gal. of it from our old house. But I like it.

Ruth said...

It's the best way to learn, isn't it? Peter helped his dad put down the flower in my studio, and I loved watching them.

Now my porch steps are another story. They're wolmanized wood, and they will not keep primer and paint on, I have to paint them every year! Don says we might just have to put in new steps. Yuck.

But hey, your project will be great all finished!

Anet said...

Yeah, thats the problem with that kind of lumber. I googled "treated lumber" and it says to wait oh....a good 6 mos. to a year before you paint or stain. WOW.
So I guess we wait.

Blog Archive