Tuesday, April 29, 2008

N and the city parking lot with his free book he chose,

Lots of brick walkways.


Walking back home.

On certain days the whole neighborhood can smell

like fresh roasting coffee from a coffee company a few miles away. Mmmmm!

A lovely Yard.

Also in walking distance is; my bank, the library,

a community center/ playground, my friend Linda's Stain Glass Shop, and a community theater

located in a old firehouse.

Back home agian.....the yard sign that we bought today at the bookstore.
Thanks for taking a walk with us!

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the sign Anet! I hope your block is filled with them!!!

Anet said...

Thanks Sharon, There is several of us with them, this is my second one. The other is in bad shape after two years in the yard. It's one of many that the bookstore offers.

Tammy said...

Oh what fun! You live in a nice neighborhood and so close to so many wonderful shops! Thanks so much for sharing the walk around the neighborhood with us. :)

Anet said...

Glad you liked it Tammy. It's a fun neighborhood! We are really close to downtown with museums and about a 2 min. car ride (we really could walk) to a ceramics shop, a skateboard park (that my son loves to go to) and some pretty good shopping! Plus a straight shot on the city bus and the kids are at MSU (5mins.) or the mall (15 mins.)
I think we're pretty lucky.

~Molly~ said...

OMG, I LOVE your town!!!! We live in the suburbs, you can't walk anywhere!

I have that sign in bumper sticker form on my 1990 Suburban(homeschool bus). I also have one that says, "Teach Peace" and "A Closed Mind is a Wonderful Thing to Lose", and "Unschoolers Are: Enthusiastic Autodidacts Exploring the Universe". My husband has gotten used to it finally.LOL

Molly

Gwen Buchanan said...

what a lovely neighborhood you live in Anet!! You must enjoy it so much... I'm glad!!
A short walk around and you a cultural experience!!!

yes we are all for "Peace" too...

Anet said...

Wow, Molly I love those bumper stickers. Those are so great!!
It took my hubby a little time to climb on board also, but it's all good now!
My bumper stickers: peacemonger, give peace a chance, Children should be seen and believed! and Treehugger.

Anet said...

Oh Gwen... I would much rather walk to the beautiful, majestic ocean, lucky you! But I do feel blessed to live here.

denise said...

Such a cool place. And the smell of coffee?? I would definitely hang out in the yard all day! ;)

Anet said...

Thanks Denise, it sure does smells great but my kids thinks it stinks! lol

Blog Archive