Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Come.....take a stroll around the block with us.


Walking one block from home.


On the corner two blocks from home.

You can see a barbershop, and a great yarn boutique.


Here's The City Pulse newspaper, they publish all the cool happenings.


Here we have the Tea House with super yummy organic foods.

They have poetry readings and hippy folky musicians on open mic.

The Hair and Art salon, a Bohemian salon that you can get a funky haircut.

10 comments:

Ruth said...

Ohh, it's so fun to see my sort-of-hometown. I was born in Lansing at St. Lawrence! My poetry group gave a reading at Magdalena's, but I couldn't make it. Love that place! It's fun to see your neighborhood.

Anet said...

Thanks Ruth, I was born at St. Lawrence too!

Sharon said...

Thanks for the walk Anet! What fun! I'm so glad to see sniffy back on the header too!

Anet said...

Glad you liked it.
I love the pic. of Sniffy, it's a little big for a header. But I don't know how to shrink it....

Ruth said...

Oh! that's so cool. We actually lived a block from St. Lawrence for 4 years a few years ago, in the Genesee neighborhood. Loved it. Then we started camping a lot and realized we wanted to be in the country. :)

Sharon said...

I think it's great big. It fits on my screen perfectly but if you decide you want it smaller you can email it to me and I'll reduce it and send it back.

Anet said...

Hey Ruth, the Genesee neighborhood is really nice. I teach preschool at Holy Cross. We rent from them. I understand the "want" of the country life!

Anet said...

Sharon, thanks for the offer. I probably could get my kids to do it. They are way more computer savvy than me! lol It's funny how they're kinda freaked out that MOM is using the computer so much these days!

denise said...

How nice to have all of that within walking distance!!

sandy said...

thanks for the tour, nice little town and love those houses.

Blog Archive