Estate sale finds... $21 for all
Chinese checker board... I love the colors and design. $1
I couldn't resist this highchair and rattle for $5!
I'll be looking for a better replacement tray for it, it has a crack that someone has repaired.
But it's very sturdy and cute as heck!
Pennants from around the country for Noah's room, fifty cents each.
These sweet butterfly flags... I made them into a garland. $1
Also found a wicker purse, an old music sheet book (for crafting)
a drink glass with
Revolutionary War graphics for Noah and a silver and red sugar canister.
On the last day of estate sales the prices are half off.
If it's not too picked over from the first day you can find some great deals. ~
Couponing at Walgreens and Rite Aid... all of this for $41. Favorite deals: 25cent toothpaste,
Pantene shampoo and conditioner for $2 a bottle, cereal $1.08 a box:)
My mom showed Autumn and me how to make crepe paper flowers with the $2 box of stuff from the last estate sale. Such a sweet time spent with three generations of girls... my mom learned how to make the flowers as a young girl from my grandmother. So really it seemed as if Grandma Phoebe was right there with us.
Mom update: she has good days and bad days. We just never know. Seems the past couple of weeks she's been on the decline. We just take it one day at a time.
~~~
How was your thrifty weekend?




6 comments:
Those were some great finds and the tissue paper flowers are very pretty! I did some fun shopping this weekend, but it wasn't nearly as thrifty as yours.
I remember my sister making crepe paper flowers when I was little. I thought they were so cool then. Now, seeing yours, I want to learn to make them all over again.
Had an extreme couponer behind me at the checkout and thought of you. She had a whole cart full of Ragu spaghetti sauce for 65¢ a jar. 25¢ toothpaste... that's pretty good!
One day at a time, that's a good way to take things.
Looks like it was a relaxing weekend, Anet. I really like the pennants for Noah's room...saw a bunch recently on an American Picker's show, and they are worth quite a bit of money. You got a great deal!
Oh wow! I want that Chinese checker board! XD
Thanks Crescent:) I always love your thrifty finds!
~~~~~~~
Tara,
My friend Ann is really good at couponing! She has 3 computers to print off great coupons from. I think that's the trick, multi computers.
My sister-in-law sent me a big stack of coupons, ones that I didn't get in my area. Awesome:)
I seem to have trouble with the store not having the product, even on Sunday mornings... some crazy coupon lady in my area takes everything! Noah said "we need to take her down Mom!" I laughed at the thought of that:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammy,
Autumn and I love watching the American Pickers! Autumn met Daneille in person last weekend;)
There is a show on the Family Net channel that I've been watching called Flea Market Mania, I've learned so much about antiques from that show and of course I always watch The Antique's Road Show:)
I hung the pennents in Noah's room and they look very cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Wendy,
I know right?! I've always wanted one. This one is just cardboard from the fiftys, but I love it. I'm keeping my eye out for a wooden one some day. I think a collection wall of them would look so great:)
wow. wow. wow. now that is a weekend of fun spending...love it! i really love what you did with the butterfly flags...so cute!!!!
oh and we love chinese checkers in our house...but that board is colorful and awesome!
enjoy all your finds...sounds like a great weekend...
happiness is making flowers...sounds like a great time to spend with your mama and daughter!!!
Post a Comment