Monday, April 18, 2011

Today's Interest Led Learning...

Worked on long division (not an interest of Noah's) learned about plants in science. We had some fun outdoor projects planned for science but saved it for another day...woke up to snow. Not happy.

Adding to our Japanese art display.
 Sumi-e Bamboo art and Noah's name in Japanese.


~~~

Japanese Fish Windsock/kite
May 5th is Children's day in Japan...
it use to be "boys" day but has since changed to include girls;)
The children celebrate by flying Fish Kites.

The upstream struggle of the fish represented the passage of a boy through to manhood. According to legend, when the carp reached the river source, it became a dragon.
~~~



Watched the live eagle cam...check the top of my sidebar for the link.
Watching mama eagle feeding the babies, dad was there helping for awhile.
Noah spent a hour reading his book... one of the Redwall series,
I loose track of which one he's on at the time.
Finished our day by playing a game of Mancala:) 
Tomorrow is co-op classes: Solar Energy and Drama.
Love Homeschooling!

5 comments:

tiff said...

Love. Love. LOVE. this post! A happy life you guys lead!

Tammy said...

I love the variety of projects! Sounds like it's been a lot of fun homeschooling for you. We are in a bit of a rut. :(

Tara said...

Can we join your lessons? We're currently enrolled in the school of oh-look-another-cold-dreary-day.
Must. leave. funk. behind.

Love the bamboo art. What a beautiful textile design that would make.

Gwen Buchanan said...

I think Noah is the luckiest boy alive!!!

Anet said...

Thanks Tiff:) We try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Tammy... yeah, we were in a rut too and then I had to pull myself up by the bootstraps and get some homeschooling fun going on:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tara, we'd love for you to join us but I don't know how much work we'd get done. I think we'd be goofin off too much.

I know, this weather is just so draining! Makes me feel like a slug................
The bamboo was very easy to learn how to paint and would make a lovely textile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh Gwen, that's sooo... sweet.
Noah said that he agrees:)

Blog Archive