I'm renting extra white chairs for the wedding. But we also have to use my dinning room chairs which came in a hideous beige tweedy stuff. I've hated them since the day they arrived. They were stained and pretty embarrassing!
While out shopping the other day I came across a clearance tablecloth which was 106 inches long. So I bought it. It was much too long for my table.
My sister said "hey, we could recover your chairs with this tablecloth." So that's what we did.
Well, my sister did most of the work, I helped a bit:)
I think the red Valentine chairs look so much better and will be nice for the wedding. Total cost to recover 6 chairs... a whole $3. Now the trick will be keeping them looking nice until the wedding.
Tablecloths are very versatile. I've made curtains for my bedroom which has nine windows, yep... nine windows. I shopped for curtains and it was going to cost a small fortune to cover all those windows. The tablecloths saved me so much money and they turn out great. Six $5 golden tablecloths made into window coverings, total cost... $30.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Great job on the chairs... and thanks for the tip on the curtains. I've been rethinking the no-curtain (blinds instead) jag I went on about five years ago. Tablecloth curtains might be the way to go.
Your house is going to look so cute for the wedding!
I need new curtains for my bedroom and haven't bought them because they are too expensive. I'm so glad you told us about using tablecloths!!! And by the way, the chairs look really pretty reupholstered. :)
Thanks Tara and Tammy... truthfully they are still ugly chairs, just not AS ugly as they use to be:)
Lovelovelove the pink!! Several years ago a friend of mine made curtains from table cloths by tacking down the rod pocket with buttons! The turn-down is about 8 inches with a button every 6-7 inches or so. She moved and gave them to me, I dyed them blue(they were white) and they are perfect in our living room! If I ever need curtains again I will buy a table cloth! Didn't think of using it for chair pads though, great idea!
I'm so thrilled for the happy couple, and love following along with your wedding prep!
Thanks Molly:)
With my curtain I just folded them over and sewed two quick seams to make the rod pocket. Easy as pie!
The chairs look great! Hope all goes smooth with the wedding.
Post a Comment