Caleb has found a new passion, which I am very pleased he's found something to be passionate about beside music.

First time using the grill.
Last night he made us dinner. He tenderized the steak, chopped the fruit for salad. He found a recipe on the Internet for Mac and Cheese and figured out how to make it gluten free (for mom.) Now I'm not saying this cause he's my good lookin son or anything... "That was the best dang mac and cheese I've ever had and it was gluten free!!!"
He also learned the term el dente. ;)

The steak was so tender and cooked to perfection! The fruit salad... Wonderful!
He's switching majors and will be starting Culinary Art classes in the fall, so that's the plan right now anyways. I told him that was fine, but this is the one and only switch of gears here. After two years of graphic design... ugh... at least we'll get to eat good food.

6 comments:
YUMMO!!! How lucky to have a kid who cooks!LOL That rocks!
Awesome! And hey, when he opens his own restaurant he'll be able to design the logo and menus, right? Has Caleb ever listened to The Splendid Table? It's one of my favorite podcasts, loaded with tons of interesting food history and recipe ideas.
Awesome! I'm glad he's found something that truly interests him...and you will get yummy meals along the way. :)
My youngest went to Culinary School and loved it. He worked in the field up until a year ago but because of the economy out here in Ca, he lost his job as a sous chef where he had worked for a year. The restaurant had just opened, the location wasn't great but the food was fantastic, South American Cuisine. He has had a hard time finding another job but things are looking up I believe. CAlifornia I think was particularly hard hit.
Now back to Caleb - I think he will LOVE culinary school and working in this field. It is a tough one, hour wise...and time it requires to work to the top. But it is rewarding from what I hear.
His meal looks wonderful! Wow, I'm impressed. And it is great to have a chef in the family. We have enjoyed many fantastic meals by him. One problem though, he doesn't cook enough, I wish he would cook more often.
Oh...and I love the view where Caleb is cooking, looking across at everybody's front porch. I could live in a house like this!
YUMMALICIOUS...I ♥ seeing our kids in the kitchen...it makes life so much easier & delicious!
Post a Comment