Credit: istock
The rest of our school year we will focus on traveling around the world... first stop, Russia!
We've watched a few great documentaries so far; A 3 part series of Wild Russia on the Animal Planet channel and Ian Wright's Out of Bounds/ Siberia on the Travel Channel.
Noah is taking a Pysansky egg class from an artist/homeschool mom at our homeschool group's classes this spring.
We will be studying the people, history, art, music, and cuisine of Russia.
We've discovered that Russia spans two continents and has 11 times zones.
Russia is by far the largest country in the world, covering more than a ninth of the earth's land area. We've learned about the Siberian Tigers, raccoon dogs and the bears that live in the wilderness. Hope you'll join us in our travels around the world!





4 comments:
Oh fun! We learned about it spanning 2 continents, too, and I was so surprised. lol. I had NO idea.
This will be some fun learning. :)
How cool!!! I love your idea of travelling the world. Russia is a fascinating place!!
Thanks for sharing
Lisa
If you are going to do Korea, let me know... You can email me through my profile. I'd love to send a surprise for Noah, to share a little bit about here!
Hi Tammy,
At first when Noah asked me which continent Russia was in, I was like "Europe, no wait... Asia...uh...I'm not sure." So we looked it up:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Lisa:)
Russia is really fascinating! The diversity there in the landscape and the people is amazing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Wendy,
Oooooo!!! We would love to do Korea! Noah would be so excited to get a package from Korea:)
Post a Comment