I'm a little behind on posting some of our happenings around here. Brad and I took Noah to Grand Ledge, MI to hike the trails at Fitzgerald Park also known as The Ledges. Noah was amazed that there was rock formations like this so close home. (about a 30 minute drive.) We really wanted to find some fossils, but had no luck.
We first stopped at the Log Jam for some lunch...
Noah waiting for his lunch, sipping on some Sarsaparilla.
This sign tells the history of this area. I love the part about the Natives tapping the sugar maples and the spiritualist camp... talking with the dead!
Some small passages and cave like areas.
Noah and Dad walking the trail. Such a nice time with some of my boys:)
I found this sweet little purple flower hanging in there.
There was some movie makers there. Building a ice cave with styrofoam blocks. I heard it's a remake of the movie Red Dawn. Noah really wanted to get over there to talk with the movie people but there was a fence up.




6 comments:
What a beautiful place! I love days like that.
So beautiful!
I love it when I find a stray flower during this time of year – symbolic of many things.
I would have wanted to hang around and check out the movie set too. Always amazing to see what the shot looks like in comparison to the set.
Yay, Grand Ledge - my home town! Did you think it was a lot like the Hocking Hills? I love it especially in the fall.
Cool that they are making a movie there.
And my nieces have worked at the Log Jam off and on. I wonder if one of them waited on you.
I won't be blogging, but I'll be checking in here and there.
What a cool place to visit! Love the photos you always take.
I LOVED Red Dawn! Especially when Patrick Swazey blew that big snot bubble from his nose when his character was crying! How exciting!
What a neat place for a nice fall hike!
Hi Lisa, It was a lovely time with the guys:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
Symbolic, yes indeed Tara.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI Ruth,
Brad drove all through the town checking out the homes for sale. We also did that a few weeks ago in the Genesee (Spelling???) neighborhood. I just love that neighborhood!
We are not planning on moving anytime soon though... he just likes to look.
Grand Ledge is similar to Hocking Hills, just on a much smaller scale though. Same type of rock.
Oh yes, our waitress was a tad on the elderly side:) Very nice too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so glad to hear you'll be checking in with us Wendy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi RunninL8,
Oh gosh a snot bubble, how lovely!
Now that's some great acting!!!
I've never seen the movie.
Post a Comment