Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Birthday Trip

The cabin

In a ten day span we have my birthday and Noah's. Our anniversary which is tomorrow and Caleb's birthday Nov. 1st. (Poor Autumn is a little left out!) Anyways, we took her along with us last year, this year Caleb was with us on our annual birthday trip. The Hocking Hills area is so unbelievably beautiful! Rolling hills of fall foliage as far as the eye can see! The cabin was better than I expected, (except for the nightly mousey visitor.) We did enjoy the hot tub!

The caves and waterfalls were an experience the whole family will never forget. You can feel the spirit of the Natives that once lived there, at least we could. I hiked at least 15 miles this weekend up and down hills and rock cliffs. Whoa, am I out of shape! I few times I thought I would have a heart attack. I told my husband to just call the morgue and leave me there!!! He wouldn't do it and helped me along with a boost on the butt or a hand up:) Especially through Fat Lady Squeeze!

Noah meditating at Old Man's Cave

My cutie, Caleb! He said he's going to be a hermit and live there.

My husband/the goat!

This is incredibly high up at least 70 feet high off the ground. Many times I just had to shut my eyes as the men folk in my family have no fear of heights and think they're part mountain goat or maybe it's the Native American blood in them.

The boys checking out Cedar Falls.

This is Circleville, Ohio's 103rd annual Pumpkin Show. After this nice display of pumpkins there were blocks and blocks of carnival stuff. Ugh!!! I did buy some pumpkin fudge that was yummers!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Pumpkin fudge...now that sounds interesting!

It looks and sounds like you all had a really nice and peaceful time. Welcome back and thanks for sharing the photos with us. :)

Lisa said...

Wow, Anet, it looks like you and yours had an amazing trip! It looks absolutely beautiful, dreamy even. Who wouldn't want to hide up there like a hermit?! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!
Happy Birthday and Anniversary!!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday... Happy Anniversary! Such beautiful pictures. I agree, there is a magical feeling in those hills. The hub and I have stayed at GlenLaurel Inn a few times and the scenery is mind boggling, it is that incredible.
Glad no one ended up in the morgue!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthdays and Anniversary all around! It looks like a wonderful trip.

Blog Archive