Sunday, April 12, 2009

Urban Backyard Camping

Our own little urban campsite!

We spent some time backyard camping today... a very different way to spend Easter:)

Brad and I put up the tent and put together the fire pit and the picnic table that doubles as a bench. Then we spent a few hours around the campfire, Noah spent most of the time digging with his new camping shovel he got for Easter.

The tent is really great. Took a little extra time figuring it out, next time will be much easier.

Love all the room and the porch!


I really like the fire pit with cut out pine trees and moons.

This is a really nice picnic table/ bench... a gift from grandma/mom!

19 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

That is quite a luxurious tent, not a bad way to spend Easter! I am sure you all will have a lot of fun using that tent this summer.

tiff said...

This is fabulous...what a fantastic way to celebrate Easter Sunday! I want that fire pit...and your tent would have been perfect for the two months that we lived in a tent in Alaska...I hope you have wonderful adventures and memories in this backyard tent! :)

Ruth said...

You guys are pretty cool, camping out in the city, I love it. One of the best things about going camping is the campfire, I love it so much. But we don't build a bonfire often enough here at the farm, gotta do it more.

My nephew usually brings a tent for him and his girls when we have our reunion at the cottage July 4. He dolls it up with rugs and makes it so cozy, I always want to go in there and play or sleep.

dongdong said...

that is great! I think I like this way of camping better. :) Love the fire pit.

Sara said...

What a great idea. I have thought about putting up our tent in the backyard too. After seeing this post, I may have to now.

Lisa said...

What a great tent! It looks like you might not even need to leave your backyard this summer!

A Slice of the Pie said...

Great tent and that is a very cool table/bench too.

Kel

Lisa said...

What a great tent and a great day. Camping is on my list of "to do more often!"

denise said...

FUN! Love tent- looks like a good size. And nice firepit!

Anonymous said...

That really is a moste excellente tent! I could be persuaded to become a very happy camper indeed in a tent like that.

Tammy said...

Oh, this is really great! Your campsite looks like it has everything it needs. Did you make s'mores??? ;)

Tara said...

I love the firepit – it looks so cozy. Will you use it when you aren't camping too? Happy camping to you all!

Anet said...

Thanks everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tammy, I tried to convince Noah to roast his peeps that he got for Easter...but it was a no go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Tara, The fire pit is for backyard use, but it's really light weight so we were thinking of maybe taking it camping with us.

sandy said...

This area looks great, you should be way prepared for the wild!

Joy said...

Looks like a fun little campout. :)

momteacherfriend said...

Did you sleep in the tent yet?
Looks like you are getting acclimated to the camping life. :)

Anet said...

Hi Sarah,

My oldest son Caleb slept in the tent one night. He came in around 6am. He got too cold.

Shona Leah said...

We're looking foward to some backyard camping ourselves! I need that fire pit!

RunninL8 said...

Awesome!!!! Sweet tent, too! Delux! Did ya spend the night in it ?!?!?

Blog Archive