Noah and I had fun watching a bunch of Schoolhouse Rock videos. Ahh... the good old days! I told him all about Saturday morning cartoons and how no kid in there right mind would miss a Saturday morning in front of the tube munching on Captain Crunch. I told him how they would show these short Schoolhouse Rock clips in between the cartoons.
Some of the cartoons that my husband and I remember from the 70's;
Scooby Doo, The Jetson, H.R. Puff n Stuff, Josie and the Pussycats, Speedracer, Bugs Bunny and the Road Runner Hour, Wally Gator, Yogi Bear, Hong Kong Phooey, Dudley Do Right, Klondike Kat, Sigmund and the Sea Monster, Lidsville, Fat Albert and the Crosby Kids, Far Out Space Nuts, Land of the Lost, The Globetrotters. Can you think of any others?




13 comments:
Hmmmmm, what memories you are bringing back! What about Pink Panther and The Flinstones....were they from the 70's???? Oh, how I loved Land of the Lost!!!!
And The Schoolhouse Rock videos were the best!
Now I'm singing..."Scooby Dooby Do, where are you?"
Hey Lisa,
Yes, they are from the
70's. The Flintstones were the only cartoon on everyday around 4:00pm and that was about it for our "cartoon viewing pleasure."
(Noah can hardly believe this.)
Not like 6 channels of just cartoons 24/7 like nowadays.
Oh, don't let that tune get stuck in your head! It'll will drive you nuts:)
This is fun! Jeff and I were just telling Tess about the Wonder Twins the other day. (Wonder Twin powers... activate!) She thought we were nuts.
Oh gosh Tara, I'm a bit older than you. I googled Wonder Twins, because I never heard of them before. They debuted in 1977, I was 15 and not watching Saturday morning cartoons anymore. I was wondering why I missed the Wonder Twins, I was probably sleeping in until noon:)
What about Electra Woman and Dyna Girl(though not animated)? They were awesome!!
Molly
ps, our skating rink played the disco stuff like Ashford and Simpson's Solid, A Taste of Honey's Sukiyaki, The Knack's My Sharona, The Commodores, Marvin Gaye, Kool and the Gang, KC and the Sunshine Band, The Bee Gees, Donna Summer... you feelin' it?LOL
omg...i loved sigmund and the seamonster...what a great list!
we love the schoolhouse rock cartoons...what a great and fun way to learn.
i always loved...
"after these messages...we'll be right back" and that big haired clay-mation character would sing it...ha ;)
AAAAHHHHH! I LOVE THIS POST! lol
What fun memories. I definitely remember sitting in front of the tv early Saturday mornings watching cartoons and munching on dry cereal with my brother. We had a plan we followed each weekend, and knew exactly which of the 3 stations to have turned on for each particular half-hour. What fun!
I haven't thought "Conjunction Junction" in 30 years I bet!
Definitely the Pink Panther and Mr. Magoo. Those were some of my very favorites. Oh, and the Smurfs! (can't remember if you had that one in your post).
I'm ancient, I go back to Mighty Mouse, Tom & Jerry, and Looney Tunes. Foghorn Leghorn was so funny. Oh and Road Runner. That one was exasperating.
I loved Yogi Bear too. Bullwinkle, Rocky and friends (Boris and Natasha).
Fun to remember, thank you!
I was all about the SuperFriends when I was a kid. When I was in High School "Pee Wees Playhouse" was popular with the nerdy weirdo band geeks (ahem, that would be me)
Hoa about The Barbapapas?
The Mighty Heroes?
Adam Ant?
Hey Molly,
Disco sucks!!! lol!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tiff, Wasn't Sigmund and the Sea Monsters the greatest?!!
Oh and the Schoolhouse Rocks are STILL a great teaching tool. Noah was learning:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammy, the Pink Panther! I loved that one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Ruth,
That Road Runner is crazy! And now when I watch Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry it's seems so darn violent! I'm surprised we're all not murderers or something!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh No! Lisa Anne you were one of those band geeks! I don't know if I should be seen hanging out with you. LOL!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Heart Rockin Mama,
Well I've never heard of the barbapapas so I googled them. They sure are cute as heck!
Oh how could I forget Atom Ant!
"Up and At 'em, Atom Ant!".
remember
don't drown your food and
the cheese snack video from saturday mornings?
i am trying to get my hands on a copy of a CBS show from the late 70's/early 80's...it was part of the CBS library series.
It was about a little girl who gets trapped in the library and some books come to life. It was called The Great Book Escape.
What about The Big Blue Marble?
teresa
Hey Teresa,
I don't remember those commercials, but the Big Blue Ball sounds really familiar. I'll have to google it.
We have a movie sort of like that. It's with the Home Alone kid, (what's his face) anyways he get trapped in the library then turns cartoonish and the books come to life and they have this big adventure. Autumn loved that movie!
Post a Comment