We're celebrating Chinese New Year tomorrow.
The year of the Ox.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dragon puppet
His body is made with cut-outs of Noah's hand.
Red paper lantern
Red Envelope with lucky money it in.
Today we will clean our house, sweeping out the old dust from last year.
Tomorrow we are learning about China for homeschooling; customs, music, art and The Great Wall of China.
We will eat our favorite Chinese take-out.
We'll try to using chopsticks and share a few fortune cookies.




8 comments:
What fun plans you have! I love what Noah made....
Happy New Year....
So..is there lots of money in that envelope...
I wanna come celebrate...sounds like a fun day...full of great learning.
love the dragon made of hands...very cool!
Gun Hay Fat Choy!
Fun! Tomorrow (monday) we are having a chinese new year party at a friends house. The boys are v.e.r.y. excited! :)
I like the way you tie Noah's learning in with world activities...
We should be neighbors, I'm convinced! We went to Chinese New Year's party at friends yesterday, then there is a huge festival in Portland next Saturday and we'll have our 6th annual CNYparty on Sunday! Looks great, Anet, have fun!
Hey Sandy, Thank you... no only $1
Noah thinks it's a lot though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI Tiff, Yeah it would be a blast if you and the boys could join us:)
I love the dragon too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gung Hay Fat Choy to you Kel!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Denise, a party sounds fun. I can imagine the boys excitement!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you Gwen. His favorite subjects are history and social studies. So we really have fun with it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That would be so much fun Amy! You are always having the best parties:)
Brilliant. I've been thinking about Chinese New Year, because I suddenly had an urge to clean, and I couldn't figure it out. And then someone said that's what happens for Chinese New Year.
Oh! That explains it.
Have fun!
Post a Comment