Monday, September 29, 2008

Noah meets Ty Pennington

The kids rode the bus to the college today to see Ty Pennington from Extreme Home Makeovers. They are building a new home for a family in our area. The father was attended the college and died of Hepatitis from a needle poke that he received working to be come a nurse.
I was at work and Autumn received a call from her boss at the newspapers that Ty was coming to the school and she needed to get some photos of him. So the boys wanted to come along. Noah got Ty's autograph and they snapped a few pics. Noah has always loved watching the show with me. I cry ever single time I watch that show! Pretty cool homeschooling morning if you ask me.

There's Ty on the far right.

Ty was making a video for the family that is on a vacation.

Here's Ty signing his autograph for Noah. Noah had to get his autograph on the run, He is a very busy guy. They were rushing him off.

10 comments:

Ruth said...

How great for Noah to get a chance to get close to Ty and the house project! It's exciting having them in the area. And cool that Autumn could be photo journalist!

Tammy said...

Awesome! I know what you mean, I cry when I watch the show too.

tiff said...

Wowzers...how cool is that. Ty Pennington...and you are right that is an awesome day of homeschooling.

I have never seen the show...but have heard about it...maybe now that we have a tv with cable i could catch an episode or two...although i am a sucker for crying...

Tara said...

Cool for Noah! I can't watch that show because all the screaming makes me nuts, but I love the idea of it and think it's very cool that Ty has built a career around helping people in need.

Squirrel said...

The contractor who is building the addition to the Nyack Library worked on one or two of the Extreme Makeover shows--he got emotional just explaining one episode to me since I didn't know what it was.

sandy said...

Well that is really great... wow.


What a great day out for him.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Noah looks like a sleuth reporter.. great to hear that something good is happening for a family that had a tragedy...

mamakopp said...

Oh My! ! ! My Lucas is always wearing his civil war hat! This is so funny. They are kindred spirits ;)

Anet said...

:)

Amy Bradstreet said...

Hey, that's pretty cool, how fun for them to have that adventure and celebrity moment!

Blog Archive