These are the Peregrine Falcons that nest on
top of the Water and Light building downtown.
Momma Stelco laid 5 beautiful eggs.
The babies hatched on Thursday.
One didn't hatch.
Peregrine Falcons an endangered species,are the fastest raptors on Earth.
You can click the link on my side bar to access the Falconcam. For pictures every 15 mins. and there is a photo gallery.
UPDATE: The fifth egg hatched and all is well!!!







7 comments:
Oh Anet.. these are great... Can you imagine a gravel nest...Awww... just sitting there in that gravel...
oh I like you new profile portrait... and header...
Those babies are adorable!!!
Hey Gwen, someone must of done some research on what they would like for nesting material. I'm so glad they have a shelter.
Thanks for the nice words!
***************
Sharon, Aren't they? Cute little white fuzzy chicks. Just to think they will grow into the fastest raptures on the planet!
Oooops! that's raptors not raptures!
Anet, I hope they don't make their way from the Board of Water and Light over to our farm! Don has been letting the chickens out, and they are so vulnerable. :)
These are so cool! And aren't they converting that building into a corporate office site or something? I haven't heard anything about it lately. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that building, and I am so happy they aren't taking it down. I love how it reflects in the windows of the Lansing Center across the river.
Oh yeah, that would be bad. I'm sure they eat chickens. What about squirrels? I love that building too. I was a little bummed when they tore down the smoke stack. I went up there once when I was about 18. You can see for miles!
I'm not sure what they are doing with it, I think your right about corp. offices.
Did you hear they want to tear down the City Market and rebuild it closer to the river:{ I don't like it! I don't like Frandor the way it is either. Why does everything have to be changed?
Awwww.....those babies are so sweet. And look at them all begging to be fed at the same time.....reminds me of my own "nest." lol :)
Post a Comment