My house is over 80 years old...
Sometime in it's life, some goofball
painted this beautiful wood in the entire
house! First with green paint then
with many coats of white.
Many of my neighbors have the
natural wood still.
It kills me to think of the
first time someone took a paintbrush to it.
If I could only go back in time and talk some sense
into them, I would'nt have this long road ahead of me.
I love that!






4 comments:
Maaaaan, what were they thinking?
I wish I could come over & help, I love jobs like that.
Think how amazing it'll feel when it's all finished! Xxx
What a LOT of work. I hate stripping paint. Just keep telling yourself how great it's going to look!
Ohh, this kind of work is mind numbing. The results can be so wonderful though. More power to you!
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! I have lots of "thinking time" when I'm scrapping. I keep thinking maybe it was not such a good idea, but the wood is beautiful. I always have a happy feeling when I'm around wood. Maybe I used to be a beaver in a past life?....
too much thinking!!!
Post a Comment