Saturday, May 3, 2008

Crafting

Necklaces,
I love using clay and stampers together on
some of the pieces. I am no where's near a
fine artist... (just a once in awhile crafter.)

Some of my pins. I have lots more but I was
to lazy to round them up.
I sold at a few craft fairs and they sold really well.
I usually craft more in the summer, when I
have more free time (no preschool.)

21 comments:

Tammy said...

The necklace with the birds is my favorite. These are all truly beautiful. How long have you been doing jewelry?

Anet said...

Thanks Tammy, I actually started in highschool with this great funky art teacher.. (Hi Mr. Cross!)
Back then it was silver and real stones, belt buckles and such.
But now, I stick to quick and easy.
Some of the words on the pieces are bird poems from Emily Dickinson.

Sharon said...

What are you using Anet? Polymers? What kind of stamps? The one looks iridescent?.... do you glaze them???

I'm very curious....the reasoning is too long to go into here but maybe I'll email you later.......

Anet said...

Hi Sharon,
Yes, I use polymers and I use rubber stamps with the stamping ink. The clay comes in iridescent colors. I do glaze them with a special glaze made for the polymer clay.

Sharon said...

Hi Anet,
I was curious because I have a large collection of antique copper stamps that I am always toying with the idea of doing something with, and your use of stamps made me think of them. I have experimented a little with polymer clay but never with achieving the rich surface finish that you have. The glazing makes them look like a completely different material.
Thanks for explaining!

Anet said...

My favorite polymer clay is the metal tones; they have copper, gold and bronze. That makes the piece totally different.

~Molly~ said...

Are these for sale?? I see several I'd LOVE to wear! How tall are the necklace pieces?

Molly

Anet said...

Hi Molly,

Thanks,
I haven't sold any in a long time. But I'd love to give you one if you'd like. Do you want to know the length of the neck cord or the pendent it's self? Let me know and I'll give you my e-mail address.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Beautiful work Anet! love the colors... and the writing on the pieces.. You should do more when you have a chance...I'm glad that you shared these... thanks!

Anet said...

Oh Gwen that's a great compliment coming from you, a true artist!
I have so many now that I don't know what to do with them. Maybe I'll do another craft fair this summer. I would really love to start a quilt, something easy that I could actually finish!

Sharon said...

I agree that Gwen is a true artist but so are you!!! We were just saying the other day how contrived the distinctions between art & craft are and that they are completely unwarrented. So any ways, that's my 2 cents worth for the day.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hey Anet, maybe you would like to try a "tied" quilt... They are relatively quick to do... you can make them extra thick too... they are really cozy...

Anet said...

Thanks Sharon! I'll try to let that sink in "I am an artist, I am an artist...."

Gwen, do you mean the tied quilts made with fleece? Because I've made a few of those, Noah loves his with ghost on it and I made one for our preschool auction with a vintage owl print (it was soooo cute).
I'm thinking of trying a real quilt, maybe a crazy quilt... sounds about right for me! lol

Gwen Buchanan said...

Anet, do you mean you used real fleece in the center?

Anet said...

Oh no, I made it with polar fleece that you buy at a material store.
There is no sewing involved, you just cut fringes around the edges and tie the top and bottom polar fleece together.

Anet said...

Gwen,
Do you have a tied quilt that you are referring to? I'm not sure what they look like. I'll google tied quilts and see what comes up.

Anet said...

Oh.... now I see what you mean, like instead of quilting the quilt, you tie it together with string of some sort... now I understand. duh.... Yes, that is the kind of quilt I should try!!!! Thanks Gwen.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Anet, I had never heard of the polar fleece tied fringes blankets... what a great idea!!!

I guess you googled faster than I could reply ... I would never been able to explain it as well as they did anyway...
the last 3 quilts I did were for my 3 grandchildren... I pieced the fronts then doubled the batts then tied them ... they were all different and on the back of each one in the bottom corner i put a different character... I appliqued a cat in the hat... curious george with balloons and jemima puddle duck .. my kids always liked those characters so they meant something to my daughter, rebecca.too. actually her very own baby quilt was lost in the fire and it had jemima puddle duck appliqued all over the front with many different colored shawls and bonnets.. I she had really loved it..

Anet said...

Aaaawe, they sound so cute. There is nothing better than a gift from grandma's hands. Well thanks for the info, I'll be letting you know how I'm doing when I get started.

~Molly~ said...

http://spiritcloth.typepad.com/spirit_cloth/

Anet, check out this woman's quilty talents. It reminds me of your things.

I was wanting to know the size of the pendants, not the cords. If you don't want to sell me one then I'll trade you some quilty goodness for it(I even have something in mind already!) although I'm more than willing to pay you! You can email me from this comment I think. darkoakwoman@yahoo.com

Molly

Anet said...

Molly,

I checked out spirit cloth and I loved it! That is so like me. I love free form / not perfectly straight and folky fun stuff. That's the kind of quilting I would love to do.

Blog Archive